Post match: Liverpool v Leicester (EPL 10/2/22 7.45pm)

Man of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Joel MATIP
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • FABINHO
  • Curtis JONES
  • Thiago ALCANTARA
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Roberto FIRMINO
  • Luis DIAZ
  • Harvey ELLIOT
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Takumi MINAMINO

0 voters

Unused subs: Kelleher, Konate, Milner, Keita Oxlade-Chamberlain

:arrows_counterclockwise: 59’ Harvey ELLIOT on, Curtis JONES off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 60’ Mohamed SALAH on, Roberto FIRMINO off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 89’ Takumi MINAMINO on, Luis DIAZ off

:soccer: 34’ Diogo JOTA (Assist Virgil VAN DIJK)
:soccer: 87’ Diogo JOTA (Assist Joel MATIP)

2 Likes

16 Likes

8 Likes

That never felt in doubt.

Leicester worked hard and defended well but they couldn’t stop us in the end. We cruised to that victory without ever really needing to extend ourselves.

Easy win. Diaz looked great.

14 Likes

Our recruitment team fuck me, how on point… Diaz looks like he’s been here forever, what a player he’s going to be.

Jota brilliant, Van Dijk back to that level where he is better than anyone.

Great game and performance from everyone.

14 Likes

A bit frustrating but overall a good professional performance and we could have scored many more, Jota man of the match and Matip and Diaz very good, onwards and upwards.

1 Like

A 2-0 thrashing. Some of the football we played in that last 20 minutes was awesome. Luis Diaz was born to play in this team.

14 Likes

One of my favourite wins of the season. We kept plugging away, even though that second goal at one point felt like it would never come. Andy was superb, two great instinctive goals by Jota, and that Diaz fella ain’t too bad, eh?

5 Likes

How bad do you think Tottenham’s fume is about missing out on Diaz after what we saw today?

Jota is world class

Brushed past Rodger’s divers imperiously

4 Likes

Great result. Diogoal is a machine. Diaz looks very lively, think he’ll settle well. Salah very lively when came on.

The way some of you whinge about certain players is tiring.

6 Likes

This is probably the beginning of the peak of our season. Diaz is definitely going to provide the spark for the rest of it. Couple of games where City drops points and it’s on for real! I dream!

13 Likes

Professional performance.

As big a twat as he is, Schmeichel had a good game and kept the score down.

Apart from that one shot, a lovely outing for Diaz. Big hand in that second goal.

Thank goodness I put Jota as my captain this week.

3 Likes

What a good game from the lads. Two classes difference between the two teams. Very controlled, calm, and Jota is turning out to be a real competitor for Salah in terms of goalscoring.

A brilliant night for us, and on we go! :+1:t2:

5 Likes

I wasn’t in the match thread - who was getting whinged about? Thought it was a good, all round team performance.

1 Like

Kept Leicester at arms length and controlled the game. Should have been more than two.

What a (proper) debut from Diaz. He’s going to be some player.

10 Likes