Post Match: Liverpool v Leicester (EPL 22/11/20 7.15pm

What a sound team performance. Rarely looked in trouble and many pundits and others thought we would struggle. ( was not over confident myself) :-).
Good to see Bobby score again and how sharp is Diogo Jota, phew! Millie is a legend and Curtis looking the part. Robbo is a machine ,just wish he was better on his right foot. Good performance all round.

1 Like

In what sort of crazy existence is Sadio our worst player in a 3-0 win? He was though, bless him.

1 Like

Outstanding performance from our boys today. Leicester didn’t get a look in. Systematically dismantled every part of their game.
How good were we!!!

2 Likes

Was slightly more settled when I saw Fabinho sorting and him and Matip at the back were excellence against an attack that’s been tearing others apart.

Jones, Gini, Becker and Keita were excellent as was Milner.

Firmino and Mane were a nuisance.

And that leaves Robertson who was top draw and Jota who again excelled.

Best performance of the season.

6 Likes

Get in! This should have ended 5 or six nil. Incredible performance from the lads. Leicester never really got a sniff, and that was the best scoring team in the league until now. An impeccable defensive performance with a deserved clean sheet, complemented by an accomplished midfield performance, and alert and sharp attackers hunting down every single ball.

Chances/conversion rate could have been better, but some of the missed chances were more down to incredible bad luck than to anything else. Delighted for Firmino, what a performance form the lad and his goal comes as a reward for all his efforts.

Only downside tonight: Keita’s injury, which leaves us even more exposed for the next set of games. He played brilliantly until he had to go off.

My MoM: our utility man Millie. He struggled initially against the pace of Justin, but adapted to it with his experience. When he had to slot into midfield, he was impeccable again. What a fantastic player to have! Bobby is another candidate, obviously. And Robbo was fantastic too. But all players deserve a mention. What about Jones? Superb performance from him. Matip, Fabinho, Gini, Keita, Mané and Jota. You name them.

7 Likes

Went for Bobby as MotM. Really deserved that goal after such a run of bum luck but he made a huge contribution throughout. Also went for Jota and Robbo but there wasn’t a poor performance by anyone.

Only downside is the Keita injury. Also, I cheered too loudly for Bobby’s goal and the cat, who had been settled on my lap, did one of those vertical take-off and landing things which left me with bleeding thighs - the LFC injury curse strikes again.

6 Likes

Fabinho is the second best centre back in the league. Matip might push him for that if he could stay fit.

5 Likes

Beautiful game. Best CB partnership in the game. Everybody fantastic.

1 Like

Clean sheet. @Scott.Jones covered up some serious @Colossal_centre_back errors.

8 Likes

Milly!!!

With me getting slightly older…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Such a legend.

9 Likes

don’t think Keita’s injury is that serious… He’ll be in there for the match after even if he misses the next one

3 Likes

Matip, Robbo and Jota seemed clear stand out performers for me. But the rest did what they usually do without much fuss. Fab for example.

This was such a brilliant performance. It could literally be season defining win, not just raising our belief but making the rest of the league know that the team in crises is definitely not Liverpool.

2 Likes

Did we just break the Prem unbeaten home record?

if so, who did we nick it off?

2 Likes

We can’t let him walk out the door even when he retires.

4 Likes

No, Chelski got to 80 odd. Broke our own record, afer tying it last game

2 Likes

Fuck no.

I’d have him signed up as a development coach/mentor right now.

7 Likes

First vote in ages for Bobby. Just superb tonight.

10 Likes

Where is my Bobby interview?

6 Likes

Milly will hang on by his fingertips for as long as Jurgen is here… He loves the banter they have

5 Likes

Such a shame that Evans gave us the lead too, feel so sorry for him :wink: Superb performance with a full strength team let alone half on them on the physio’s table. You can only look at Klopp I think. Lesser managed teams would have fallen to pieces where as Klopp just shuffles the deck and still deals a straight flush. Almost unbelievable. What a time (and increasingly what an age) to support the best team in the world.

And Jota, always Jota. Rapidly becoming a player of whom to be terrified as a defender.

2 Likes