Post match: Liverpool v Leipzig (UCL 10/9/21 8pm)

Very pleasing. Solid enough at the back, both Kabak and Philips did well. Fabinho, a proper midfielder, just gave us some authority in the middle. Front three busy, but a little wasteful, but then finally we got two goals and ran out comfortable winners.

I would still say there are a few teams left who are on a higher level than us right now, but on the other hand, you never say never. This competition gives us joy and provides a welcome respite from the shitty Prem, with its dodgy officiating, and everything else.

Not sure who I want next. Probably Porto, but we have form for switching off against perceived lesser teams, so I don’t really care who we get, but preferably not an English team.

Get in. Onwards and upwards.

5 Likes

Now off for a celebratory smoke! A fully deserved win, each player played their part. For me both CB’s were assured, and my MOTM goes to Phillips. Fab did excellent, as did Thiago and Gini.
Salah and Mane score again! Origi looked lively and got an assist!

A joyous night to all!!!

3 Likes

I would prefer Real over Atletico, Chelsea, PSG, ManCity and Bayern. They are suffering from a downturn as well and their attacks have been dreadful this season.

1 Like

We’ve beaten Leipzig and Ajax twice without conceding a goal and also hammered Atalanta 5-0 at their place. Mad really considering how short we are at the back and the fact those 3 teams are so prolific in their own leagues.

4 Likes

I switched the radio off just now. We are the weakest team in the last 8 according to a few pundits. :roll_eyes:. Nearly every team will want to play us.

I really, really want us to get this one, to prove everyone wrong.

20 Likes

Nice to win a game and score a couple of very good goals. I thought Thiago was excellent tonight and what a difference with Fabinho in midfield. I’m becoming very fond of Budapest.

1 Like

I’m more than happy for everyone to think that.

13 Likes

I don’t care who we get next.

As long as we can play both legs in Budapest.

10 Likes

Can we count these as home goals?

3 Likes

Wouldn’t that be sweet? They are all desperate for City to win it.

6 Likes

What do you think it is?

Are European teams just a bit less clued up on how to beat us?

Personally I thought it was interesting how they kept pinging percentage balls at Nat’s big head, and didn’t really try to run him. It like they thought ‘Nat who? Must be shit’.

2 Likes

Fabinho and Thiago in midfield. Fabiago!
They were excellent and ran the game.

6 Likes

Superb tie for us, clean sheet over 180 minutes vs a team that scores for fun and that without our top CB choices and other major absences.
Most importantly, excellent performances, totally controlled the game and both games could have been cricket scores for us.

Fabinho and Nat MOTM for me, with Thiago close.
Very important for Salah and Mane to get their goals, and Jota hopefully will follow soon, we’ll need him to add to the score sheet.

Just to say how much I disagree with anyone thinking he’s not suited to our team, I think it’s clear to see that Thiago just needs to get used to the EPL and he will be such a player for us. Judging by Klopp’s usual time to set up a player for us, I’d say next season he should be ready to go. Champions League, can already prove to be massive for our challenge.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see Fabiagoson. Going to special.

7 Likes

Fuck off Lineker with your ‘Klopp’s been tetchy’ crap. Perhaps he’s grieving his mother and having to put up with your mate Des talking pure shite

11 Likes

Yep it sure does…

2 Likes

Did anyone notice, the referee didn’t book anyone tonight? I thought he did quite well and no VAR controversy.

3 Likes

We would have had 15 lines on that check for our second.

10 Likes

Another easy game against second rate competition, we can’t afford to keep being so wasteful in front of goal when the quality ramps up.

Fab, Thiago and Keita found the game so easy. We should have won this tie 8 or 9-0 on aggregate.

3 Likes

But, but… thay had a defender faster than Salah (who doesn’t ever attack the ball). :wink:

2 Likes