Post match: Liverpool v Leipzig (UCL 10/9/21 8pm)

Amazing what decent refereeing can do for a team.

3 Likes

Anyhow excellent performance with Fabinho the star for me, I though Kabak was no nonsense where Phillips did well he did show some errors, they had the odd chances but nothing better than us and we had plenty of them.

It’s chalk and cheese to our league form, no fight in the league as opposed us fighting for it in the 91st minute at 4-0 up.

RBL are better than 2/3rds of the PL, how many balls did we launch forward that went to Mendy last Thursday, not one today.

2 Likes

I think both were equally sound. Phillips was dominant aerially but Kabak impressed with some blocks, following his man and getting his foot in.

2 Likes

Apart from his love of a Handball, I thought the Ref was very good

3 Likes
8 Likes

Pretty much like being on a barren run with your missus then complaining that she’s not wearing a french maid’s outfit when you finally get a jump. Be thankful for what we get mate.

4 Likes

anyone else see a @legalalien sighting!

2 Likes

I think our midfield 3 were awesome tonight, backed up by solid performances by Nat and Kabak. Admittedly, Alisson made an important save early on, which could have changed the outcome.
Overall, its just nice to win. Hopefully we can do the business against Wolves and then we have a couple of weeks to regenerate.

6 Likes

TTFFT!!!thought I was a jinx.

1 Like

In the PL the second goal would have been ruled out. Possibly the first also as they would go back a few minutes and find some imaginary foul.

5 Likes

loved the midfield three…had a really good balance

3 Likes
4 Likes

Bring old big ears back to Anfield and erase the memory of this awful league season.

7 Likes

I swear if we’d lost that, i was going into a mental hospital for a month.
Fab is the difference we need.

6 Likes

Can I also say I thought Gini had a good game, he got out of tight areas and bought fouls when needed.

4 Likes

Yes, not dead. Now that winter is largely over and getting up at 5:00 to watch the Reds won’t be such a cold as well as miserable experience, I will be more visible.

Right now, I’m in hospital after a knee op but will be out in time for our April surge.

It’s a glorious morning here. The sun is out and we are in the last 8 of the CL! Bring on Real so someone can break Ramos’ nose.

11 Likes

That was a bit more like it,good performance!

Great to see two Centrehalves out there allowing Fab to move back to No 6.
He made a difference there,and he and Thiago looked a pretty decent pairing.Add Hendo and our midfield looks damn fine!
Like Nat,no bullshit centre half,love it.MOTM for me.
Bit wayward up front…again…but Mo and Mane finally found their shooting boots…got to be happy with that.
Not really fussed who we get next,at least we played well against a decent team last night.

4 Likes

Actually agree & disagree, Kabak was better positionally but also had a lot less to do, whereas Phillips was involved heaps as Leipzig targeted the space between him and Trent. He just epitomised the word spirit, just gives his all and not scared to get stuck in.

5 Likes

In CL we are a different animal.

1 Like

It would have been rules out as the team bus was double parked.

2 Likes