Post match: Liverpool v Leipzig (UCL 10/9/21 8pm)

Can we have one thread on here that doesn’t degenerate into people just being downright unpleasant to each other?

9 Likes

ok. i nominate the R.I.P. thread

2 Likes

Not until we start winning again! :wink:

Just to add I had 2 brothers one who went through different teams like i go through boxes of after eights he supported Manure at one time (but never would support Liverpool as I had that one :smiley:) which led my younger brother to become a die hard Manure fan. The rivalry when both teams are doing well is as strong as it gets. Yet the insight one can get from listening to a rival supporter can be quite eyeopening (and often rubbish) good amusement. Back in the days I followed all football we had some really good conversations of course now i only watch and read up on Liverpool it gets quite trying for hilm listening to my LFC banter and only LFC banter being incapable of citing any player who plays for anyone else. Well apart from Mbappe and Camavinga of course then that’s not English football yet let alone EPL
The wonders of growing up in a region with lower division football.

3 Likes

Honestly
There is no point.
You are trying to persuade people who have their minds made up. And are unwilling to change their views.
I suggested to them to read Simon Hughes, to educate themselves

Or read what your are saying without dismissing your views, despite your experience.
Keep going
You are not a xenophobe. Emotive language to score points.

3 Likes

Fabinho in midfield makes the game for Thiago.
This is a season of what could have been.

3 Likes

Have we, created one shot against Chelsea and one decent speculative shot by Jota against Fulham.

Creation has been poor for months

2 Likes

Laughable.

50000 singing ‘Sign on’. ‘In your Liverpool slums’ and ‘Feed the scousers’.

Who’s singing it? Home counties reds? Or your average manc engaging in a bit of good natured ‘banter’?

Doesn’t get much more Tory than that shite.

2 Likes

To be honest I’ve heard several hot beds of modern technology sing it such as err Stoke and Wolverhampton.

2 Likes

Only in Stoke they sing it as…
:musical_note:“Sign On Duck” “Sign On Duck” Sign On Duck" :musical_note:
Any visitors to Stoke will probably know what I mean :0)
As for Wolverhampton… Well in that Noddy Holder accent of theirs,
give us a break eh :0)

2 Likes

Gotcha Duck!

3 Likes