Post match: Liverpool v Man City (Community Shield 30/7/22 5pm)

Lucky you. I had Stewart Robson and Martin Tyler.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Darwin Nunezā€™s contribution to this game is very weird. The first time he gets his head to the ball, the ball was obviously going out but it caught Dias out so badly that he handballed, helping us to get that penalty to break the deadlock.

As for the goal he scored, great movement from Nunez peeling off from the defenders. All this lad needs is just more composure and technique training on chips.

Haaland missing from 2 yards out is hilarious as fuck.

4 Likes

I picked Thiago, Mo and Matip. Sorry Darwin, no vote left but i guess you will be happy anyway

3 Likes

Don Hutchinson - itā€™s up to City to adapt to him not him to City. Grealish has to just get it in the box. Mahrez too.

:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Haalland in a pre match interview said he once played against City and didnt touch the ball for 25 mins as City were so good.

surely he must gone longer without a touch today?

10 Likes
9 Likes

Do not watch this @Wilkored08

I kept shoutingā€¦dont take your shirt offā€¦youā€™ll get bookedā€¦did he listenā€¦

5 Likes

Btw, Klopp throwing on Elliot, Keita, Milly, Fabio & Jones late on and flexing his midfield muscles was gold. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hendo asked to comment on Darwin focused on how important Bobby is and how much heā€™s looking forward to having him available again this year after a lot of injuriesā€™ last year :heart_eyes:

22 Likes

I didā€¦and Iā€™m glad I didā€¦

3 Likes

A wise and handsome man made the same point in the match threadā€¦

3 Likes

17 Likes

Itā€™s a point well made, but when it comes from Hendo its about more than it being an astute observation. Itā€™s a proper captainā€™s job to make sure everyone is feeling important.

3 Likes

Wanna see the shuffle again? Yes!

Edit
Tyler sounds delighted as always when we win :joy:

8 Likes

Nunez seems such a good match for us. With his attitude and fight. And Haaland seems perfect for city. Arrogant and plastic

3 Likes

You think of me as a captain around here??

Geeā€¦Iā€™m chuffed.

5 Likes

He has a weird face you donā€™t think heā€™s had any work done there do you? :grinning:

1 Like

i think city are weaker with haaland , their pressing is slower and we could relatively easily play from the back . city didnt try to put the ball behind us and this might change but in general the press has lost pace with haaland .

As for Darwin work in progress but he is a more the handful he links play and open defences , i think we are stronger .
henderson i really do appreciate his hard work but he has no quality at all his passing is off by miles and we could have had a couple of clear one to one if he had better touch .
just to mention Adrian he was absolutely magnificent. last my MOM is VVD/Nuno/Adrian