Post match: Liverpool v Man City (EPL 10/3/24 3.45pm)

I’m fairly happy with that in the end. Much improved second half, and given the number of injuries, managing returning players, and the volume of games, that performance was exceptional.

Valuable experience for Quansah, who is going to be world class in years to come.

6 Likes

Yeah. Not a bad result for us.

Studs up, level above his own hip, hits Macallister in the shoulder…

Don’t even send the ref to the monitor. Ridiculous.

Thought the Salah one would’ve been a little soft but that was a stonewall penalty.

I agree with everyone else, especially the second half we were magnificent.

6 Likes

That’s an image…
Will you take it back if he scores a crucial goal that wins us the league? I mean he did score goals before…
Yes he hasn’t played well, but come on :joy:

1 Like

3 Likes

Yeah we did, I’m so proud of these young lads who had absolutely no right to put Abu Dhabi under the cosh as they did during that second half.

At the same time, Doku could have stolen it for them. 1 millimeter more to the left, and we are all in tears. And the first quarter of the game was totally theirs and we could have conceded more than only one goal during that difficult period for us.

As for the situation at the end, my stream broke down towards the end, so can’t call it. I wonder who was at VAR today. Surely one of the usual suspects?

7 Likes

All played extremely well, but I will single out Virg and Endo who had imperious games.

Although I don’t want to see Mac Allister’s actions at the end there to be a commonplace way of winning a penalty (without question his only thought was to try and win a penalty… Similar to how it used to be a thing to throw your head down low over a boot to get a FK/red card), how they can fucking look at that footage, seeing contact with chest then scraping down leg and say ‘yeah nah, all good’ I’ll never fucking know.

Looks like another ‘protect your on-field mate’ decision.

3 Likes

We’ll do it the hard way then.

If they had sent the ref to the monitor , he’d have overturned that for sure.

The mindfucked retarded corrupted cunt managing the VAR should be tried for corruption.

4 Likes

1mm to the right and it’s a GK.

2 Likes

Yeah, I hate comments like that about our players. That is not support.
Ever heard of You’ll Never Walk Alone?

9 Likes

Can’t help but thinking that had it been VVD, it would have been a pen, a red and a bloody ban…

4 Likes

Beyond just the ref, Grealish being out helped them unfairly

4 Likes

Nope. The lads had every right to put the soulless cheating scum under the cosh. We were the better team by a not insignificant margin.

3 Likes

Mo on not great. Nunez stays on. Other than that a fucking great performance by the reds and the fans. Should have come away with 3pts.

1 Like

Not a fan of this narrative. Yes, it was a penno, but its not the only reason we dropped two points. We had ample chances to win it, inc wasted chances from Diaz, who i think was MOTM.

Win every game from here and we win the PL i reckon.

4 Likes

The wastefulness in front of goal cost us 3 goals…Any one of Diaz’s shot goes in, we will batter them.

Gakpo gets in the pitch and actually dares to fucking stroll around the pitch instead of closing down the opposing gk. The first 5 minutes being on, he actually didn’t even challenge Stones for a header, giving Stones a chance to head one up the pitch unchallenged which sent Klopp raging mad. What a fucking idiot.

Upon on goal, instead of telling Diaz to leave it and take a volley, he chose to dally on the ball and loses it pathetically. What a fucking idiot.

Salah is class, no doubt about that. The drop off in quality from Salah to Elliott is probably Grand Canyon wide.

The defence and midfield can hold their heads high. Bar for a moment of inattention, they did very well against one of the best CM trios and one of the best offensive trios in the league.

Onwards to the wrapping up the next Europa League leg with Salah gaining more game time and to the FA cup tie against Manure at Old Toilet.

1 Like

I won’t go as far as Euphoria but yeah , I’ll temper my criticism of Cody if he does score that crucial goal.

1 Like

the way endo is playing right now… all we can do is shake our heads

8 Likes

Doku doesn’t even get to the ball :joy:

https://x.com/ftblbalr/status/1766884236085141806?s=61&t=VxX1vHU3NOwwNhlbyICG-g

2 Likes

Absolutely brilliant second half performance. Luis Diaz did everything except finish. Caused the Man City defence problems all game.

Man City with the opening goal, with a training goal corner delivered by who else but KdB. Small margins – Kelleher nearly blocked it.

There was a 20 minute spell in the second half where Man City were shellshocked. That ended when “England’s finest” didn’t call play back on the foul on Mo, and the 11 v 10 for a bit allowed Shitty to pass the ball around for two minutes to get some breathing space.

The equalizer with Darwin using his brain and seeing Ederson come out and taking the ball away from him at the crucial moment. Ederson dived the right way, but Alexis had enough purchase on it to make it level.

And of course the game ended with Doku on Alexis, which VAR backed up “England’s finest”. Nothing to see here. Move along now.

2 Likes