Post Match: Liverpool v Man Utd (EPL 17/1/2021 4.30pm)

@Alright_Now meet @indianscouser

@indianscouser meet @Alright_Now

I think you two will have a lot to talk about.

8 Likes

It’s OK…and before everyone starts on our front 3…remember this is happening because 2 of our 3 starting MFs don’t play in the MF…and our new magician has hardly played…

We are facing this challenge because of our defensive problems. And I’m happy when we don’t lose…hoping that there’s a secret attempt to get a CB next week…

3 Likes

Harry slab the intelectual

1 Like

yep and like 1 shot on goal i think. thats been our average for over a month now

yep! domino effect and all that

1 Like

I wasn’t too far off

4 Likes

Minor blip this form, just something we have to get over as a team. Lets hope we can…

1 Like

Dunno what to say really.

We seem really disjointed and lack flow, particularly in the final third. Full backs giving the bal away far too often, poor passing and some really poor finishing.

It seems unbelievable to have 3 forwards completely out of form at the same time.

@Alright_Now is sleeping :sleeping:

1 Like

Thiago was the most technically defiecent player we had in the 1st half. I only remeber him playing one decent ball in the whole match. If he had managed to play a penetrating ball just one or two times I think we would have been through. Gini was good mind!

I can’t recall a game against United that I actually enjoyed and this was no exception. The only plus point was that with no crowd there was no hateful chanting.

Allison saved a point and Thiago looked capable of winning all three. Not sure whether I can be bothered with the cup match right now.

1 Like

Well, I said it a month ago and I will repeat it - we are in a top 4 battle, it will be hard and that is not a joke.

Firmino is awful for some time, but Klopp insists playing him all the time.

Salah - what a fool, had a perfect start of the season, then that dumb interview /I think it was ‘‘As’’/ and after that he is a shadow of himslef. Today Shaw had him in his pocket.

Mane was better, but still there were too many moments when the front three had zero understanding and cohesion, it was like they met for the first time today…

Trent was better today, but Robbo had a poor game. Midfield did not create enough, and it is a shame, but the mancs had the better chances today, two golden opportunities and we are lucky to get a point.

Not signing a central defender will turn itno a fuckin joke. We need Hendo and probably Fab in midfield.

Alisson MoM and no more comments are needed about the quality of our display today.

4 Likes

Given the circumstances, its a good point.

If we had lost that we wouldn’t have heard the end of it. United won’t stay there long. They were avg today, but unable to get their lucky goal or var 1 up.

We were frustrating. Some good performances, but just missing the final touch. Klopp needs to get this hoodoo gone ASAP. They seem to have lost the belief. Burnley will be another shit game, but we really really really need to smash them.

Losing Hendo and Fab in midfield is costing us. Jota looks a bit off yet. We will need to muddle through for a while yet.

I’d chuck Phillips in for Burnley and get Hendo in midfield with Milner and Thiago.

5 Likes

Anybody who thought Manure would play any different are kidding themselves. OGS, Pgba the rest talk a good game then try and hit us on the counter.
Poor finishing but I know which team tried to win that game.
Ref? Well what can I say, gave non fouls, didn’t allow play on, instead gave us fouls back in our defence to stop our attack. So I’m gonna go with crap again as the verdict.
Bugs bunny Fernández? What a horrible, horrible player. I was hoping Milner would go through him when he came on but lucky for bucktooth he got subbed.
OGS win the title? Don’t make me laugh. City will have loved his approach. OGS just handed them the advantage.
Our front 3 are passing the buck instead of taking responsibility. Shame Diogo still isn’t fit.
Our mojo will be back shortly.

2 Likes

Bright for twenty minutes. Spurned good chances then went off the boil. Lucky not to lose in the end.

Jota needs to replace Firmino when he returns. He’s just a liability atm.

Alisson motm.

One good thing ; Utd aren’t winning the league.

“they have lots of options in defense”… the great scholar maguire speaks…they have so many options thats why they are starting two midfield players in defense…
"Fair play to them - with two central midfielders at the back and to defend as well as they did shows their quality- Ole…

maybe educate your scholar there ole

2 Likes

Either that or crying.

My money is on the latter.

2 Likes

Manure as expected, two lines of four and look for a ball over the top.

First half we played well, and Bobby should’ve connected cleaner on his chance to and also should’ve put Andy in who was unmarked and free running into the box.

A lot of the ‘threats’ in the first 70 minutes from United were mostly from offside situations, as their whole plan was to try to beat the high line.

Jurgen should’ve made the changes at 60 minutes. Curtis needs to learn to sometimes okay simple first time passes rather than taking an extra touch.

An example, we worked a good situation on the right, Salah lays it the to Curtis, who has several players lining up in the box, but Jones takes an extra touch, and ends up going backwards. A simple whipped in first time cross was begging to be made.

Ref was the usual standard. Mane on the break, player challenges but only knocks into Mane, who loses half a second but continues. No yellow given as usual. The challenge was not really genuine but a ploy to disrupt, just like a typical Man City style hobble the counter.

Having said that, Sadio and Bobby were completely off. At least Mo was involved more.

We’re getting to many draws. Need to go all out against Burnley

1 Like

I’ve told you before.
He has to learn to trap a ball.

1 Like

Okay Mr. Klopp, I’m a bit unhinged right now. You got eight days, eight days, let that sink in. Has it, Okay. Now you tell me how on earth did you think Firmino is good to go??? I need an answer, mate.