Post Match: Liverpool v Man Utd (EPL 17/1/2021 4.30pm)

I suppose we’ll have to console ourselves with Mbappé.

4 Likes

i know form is temporary and class permanent, but damn bobby has been shit for a while now… i dont even get excited about when the ball gets forward anymo. u jus know its not gonna result in anything good

1 Like

Ali, Fab and Thiago were excellent, Shaq the best of the rest. Created nothing 2nd half, DeGea had one save to make. Front 3 were gash, Bobby in particular. They had the best chance of the game.
We don’t need a centre back because we have Williams and Philips…
Will be in a fight for third with Leicester and Spuds.

2 Likes

Only 2 goals in 8 I think.

1 Like

The front three were shite, but so were Robbo and Trent

3 Likes

Oh and another thing,
You don’t score unless you shoot…

7 Likes

We had enough chances to win the game first half but that vital spark is still missing.

1 Like

Becker saved us because our forwards just haven’t a clue how to put the ball into the back of the net and he’s class! MOTM for what 3 saves?
I feel we need to do something ‘drastic’ to get the 3 up front working. Nice to see Origi come on and battle for the ball a bit.
What is the matter with us in the dying minutes and free kicks/corners? Playing short is a recipe for not getting anything out the the match, particularly when you have just put Origi on.

Btw we were by far the better team however so many of our players were technically deficient at the ‘opportune’ moment.

2 Likes

@Alright_Now meet @indianscouser

@indianscouser meet @Alright_Now

I think you two will have a lot to talk about.

8 Likes

It’s OK…and before everyone starts on our front 3…remember this is happening because 2 of our 3 starting MFs don’t play in the MF…and our new magician has hardly played…

We are facing this challenge because of our defensive problems. And I’m happy when we don’t lose…hoping that there’s a secret attempt to get a CB next week…

3 Likes

Harry slab the intelectual

1 Like

yep and like 1 shot on goal i think. thats been our average for over a month now

yep! domino effect and all that

1 Like

I wasn’t too far off

4 Likes

Minor blip this form, just something we have to get over as a team. Lets hope we can…

1 Like

Dunno what to say really.

We seem really disjointed and lack flow, particularly in the final third. Full backs giving the bal away far too often, poor passing and some really poor finishing.

It seems unbelievable to have 3 forwards completely out of form at the same time.

@Alright_Now is sleeping :sleeping:

1 Like

Thiago was the most technically defiecent player we had in the 1st half. I only remeber him playing one decent ball in the whole match. If he had managed to play a penetrating ball just one or two times I think we would have been through. Gini was good mind!

I can’t recall a game against United that I actually enjoyed and this was no exception. The only plus point was that with no crowd there was no hateful chanting.

Allison saved a point and Thiago looked capable of winning all three. Not sure whether I can be bothered with the cup match right now.

1 Like

Well, I said it a month ago and I will repeat it - we are in a top 4 battle, it will be hard and that is not a joke.

Firmino is awful for some time, but Klopp insists playing him all the time.

Salah - what a fool, had a perfect start of the season, then that dumb interview /I think it was ‘‘As’’/ and after that he is a shadow of himslef. Today Shaw had him in his pocket.

Mane was better, but still there were too many moments when the front three had zero understanding and cohesion, it was like they met for the first time today…

Trent was better today, but Robbo had a poor game. Midfield did not create enough, and it is a shame, but the mancs had the better chances today, two golden opportunities and we are lucky to get a point.

Not signing a central defender will turn itno a fuckin joke. We need Hendo and probably Fab in midfield.

Alisson MoM and no more comments are needed about the quality of our display today.

4 Likes