Pre Match | Liverpool v ManUnited | PL Matchday 19 | Sunday January 17th 16:30h | Anfield

Happy happy birthday Walshy, fingers crossed to have a good one with a double celebration. :cake: :chocolate_bar: :beer:

4 Likes

Happy Birthday mate, hope there’s a nice present coming your way in a few hours…

4 Likes

Happy birthday mate, hope you get the best present :slight_smile:

3 Likes

(re-posted in the correct thread this time). Makes the league tough for us if we lose this one. Expecting a dodgy penalty or two for them and the pain of having to see their bruno-skippy-fkn-do-da penalty.

3 Likes

Interesting how the last few days, Klopp even loosely questioning the favouritism towards United, without even citing the clear cheating against LFC, has been turned into it being Klopp who is trying to influence officials to favour LFC, when all he’s asking for is neutrality, consistency and a level playing field.

Clattenberg’s admission that officials gave favourable decisions to United under Fergie should have been subject to national media scrutiny.

I’d say it’s staggering, but none of the bias, corruption and cheating that’s rife in this country these days has that effect any more.

Anyway good luck to the lads today. At least we won’t have to hear the slums and dustbins chants from visiting scumbags.

9 Likes

we will win by a goal, the scoreline will be 6-5

2 Likes

How many of their five goals will NOT be penalties? :thinking:

4 Likes

10:00pm kick-off hey??

Which one of our Indian friends is responsible for this?

2 Likes

This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It’s an absolutely must win game.

And who can doubt the sincerity of this sentiment today as we entertain olga and his putrescent detritus from that dungeon horrible, the hideous ruin fed with ever-burning sulphur unconsumed, old toilet.

And what of PGMOL, what sights of woe have they prepared for us today? Unlike last season, when you might easily have mistaken their place for the Wailing Wall of Jerusalem, they are newly reinvigorated, no doubt on account of the benevolence of their Trucial masters. They have redoubled their efforts in their attempt to compound our adamantine chains and penal fire and have appointed closet manurite, paul “pie eater” tierney as the referee, and stuart “codder” (tw)attwell on VAR.

For those of us with short memories, the last time we faced the exact same malevolent pairing was December last, against Newcastle, when Mane was clearly impeded in the goalmouth by the barcodes keeper hugging his leg. Nothing was given. So, today, expect nothing from the ref, or VAR, and you won’t be disappointed.

So, come on you Redmen, Gie it laldy!

This morning I was roused before sunrise by a cacophony emanating from the courtyard. Upon stepping out I was greeted by a scene akin to one of Bruegel the Elder’s more colourful works, “The Triumph of Death”. It was Boudica and her fellow harridans of the Lowton and District Townswomen’s Guild up to their collective elbows in the rites of the τελετή δέρματος. Boudica had decided to pull out all the stops, and the divers entrails of assorted livestock, in readiness for the match. When the Mem sets her mind to it she can go through the place like a devouring flame, leaving ruin and desolation behind her on every side.

Some stout souls might have ventured to enquire of their nearest and dearest, might they tone it down a tad? I might not number a one of the world’s great intellects but I have a firm grip on reality. Life’s experience teaches us that the more stupid one is, the closer one is to reality. The more stupid one is, the clearer one is. Stupidity is brief and artless, while intelligence squirms and hides itself. Intelligence is unprincipled, but stupidity is honest and straightforward.

Accepting my reality, as Shakespeare says if you’re going to do a thing you might as well pop right at it and get it over. I broke out the gauntlets and waders, and checked that the pressure washer was in good working order. There’s nothing worse than offal backing up in the storm drains before a match.

Meanwhile, that infernal Serpent of the sulphurous pit, our pocket incubus Lawro, whose guile, stirred up with envy and revenge has gone all out in his malediction, reminding us that we have not lost at Anfield in the league since April 2017. He just had to get that in, didn’t he. He completed his vituperation predicting a one all draw. To quote Danté, he’s an utter, gobshite.

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won’t throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :roll_eyes:

I’ll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :astonished:

16 Likes

Lost it at this :slight_smile: Class :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What my nearest and dearest said :slight_smile:

4 Likes
6 Likes

Happy Birthday bud :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think people born on the 17th January are absolutely brilliant. Sadly the Mem disagrees.

Many happy returns, bud. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

We have looked poor with Henderson in Midfield, Villa included, think we need a more forward thinking 8 to play alongside Hendo/Gini.

Hoped Keita was fit, but Shaquiri could give us an option alongside Thiago/Henderson.

The key here is midfield for me, hopefully we see them playing with some conviction and set the tempo.

Hendo to Matip 9am this morning:

Joel my fellow red, I have fabulous news for you. You can play today for the best team in the world against their biggest rivals. You have the opportunity to wear the world famous red strip with the iconic bird. You can run out at Anfield infront of millions of adoring fans. You, my friend, have the opportunity to do what millions would do almost anything for and probably half of those would do anything for. There is a saying, when opportunity knocks, open the door. Get on the pitch, defend like a tiger, help us to 3 points and you’ll be remembered as the man who did give that extra, who did play through the pain and was, when it really mattered, fucking solid.

If you become Naby’s training pall for the next few weeks, so be it. This game doesn’t just matter, this game isn’t just important. This my friend, means more.

Well, one can dream.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday mate!

2 Likes

Here’s a good one, win today or lift the FA Cup?

Win today for me without question but interesting dichotomy none the less.

1 Like

…what?

9 Likes

Agreed. Why settle for less.

3 Likes