Post Match: Liverpool v Man Utd (EPL 17/1/2021 4.30pm)

Given the circumstances, its a good point.

If we had lost that we wouldn’t have heard the end of it. United won’t stay there long. They were avg today, but unable to get their lucky goal or var 1 up.

We were frustrating. Some good performances, but just missing the final touch. Klopp needs to get this hoodoo gone ASAP. They seem to have lost the belief. Burnley will be another shit game, but we really really really need to smash them.

Losing Hendo and Fab in midfield is costing us. Jota looks a bit off yet. We will need to muddle through for a while yet.

I’d chuck Phillips in for Burnley and get Hendo in midfield with Milner and Thiago.

5 Likes

Anybody who thought Manure would play any different are kidding themselves. OGS, Pgba the rest talk a good game then try and hit us on the counter.
Poor finishing but I know which team tried to win that game.
Ref? Well what can I say, gave non fouls, didn’t allow play on, instead gave us fouls back in our defence to stop our attack. So I’m gonna go with crap again as the verdict.
Bugs bunny Fernández? What a horrible, horrible player. I was hoping Milner would go through him when he came on but lucky for bucktooth he got subbed.
OGS win the title? Don’t make me laugh. City will have loved his approach. OGS just handed them the advantage.
Our front 3 are passing the buck instead of taking responsibility. Shame Diogo still isn’t fit.
Our mojo will be back shortly.

2 Likes

Bright for twenty minutes. Spurned good chances then went off the boil. Lucky not to lose in the end.

Jota needs to replace Firmino when he returns. He’s just a liability atm.

Alisson motm.

One good thing ; Utd aren’t winning the league.

“they have lots of options in defense”… the great scholar maguire speaks…they have so many options thats why they are starting two midfield players in defense…
"Fair play to them - with two central midfielders at the back and to defend as well as they did shows their quality- Ole…

maybe educate your scholar there ole

2 Likes

Either that or crying.

My money is on the latter.

2 Likes

Manure as expected, two lines of four and look for a ball over the top.

First half we played well, and Bobby should’ve connected cleaner on his chance to and also should’ve put Andy in who was unmarked and free running into the box.

A lot of the ‘threats’ in the first 70 minutes from United were mostly from offside situations, as their whole plan was to try to beat the high line.

Jurgen should’ve made the changes at 60 minutes. Curtis needs to learn to sometimes okay simple first time passes rather than taking an extra touch.

An example, we worked a good situation on the right, Salah lays it the to Curtis, who has several players lining up in the box, but Jones takes an extra touch, and ends up going backwards. A simple whipped in first time cross was begging to be made.

Ref was the usual standard. Mane on the break, player challenges but only knocks into Mane, who loses half a second but continues. No yellow given as usual. The challenge was not really genuine but a ploy to disrupt, just like a typical Man City style hobble the counter.

Having said that, Sadio and Bobby were completely off. At least Mo was involved more.

We’re getting to many draws. Need to go all out against Burnley

1 Like

I’ve told you before.
He has to learn to trap a ball.

1 Like

Okay Mr. Klopp, I’m a bit unhinged right now. You got eight days, eight days, let that sink in. Has it, Okay. Now you tell me how on earth did you think Firmino is good to go??? I need an answer, mate.

We need to find that form we know our team is able to play in. Without it, we are in trouble. We can’t be unhappy with a point based on our offensive performance, we didn’t create enough and our pitch control amounted to very little. Manchester united had far more dangerous chances, I am very happy we have Allison and Fabino.

But we didn’t lose, so season and title race is still on. With a loss, hunting the title would be difficult, but several teams will be ahead of us now and unless we find the mojo this season could turn a bit sour. We have greater problems than a centre back, offensively we are far from good enough and I would say that several Premier League teams are more dangerous than us at this very moment in time, which is a real worry. But we know we have a much, much higher ceiling, but we simply have to find form.

That’s all I have. Good night guys, let us hope we some day soon find that form and that it does not go into myth.

4 Likes

Now that was a proper boring game played by two teams who played not to loose instead to win.

MotM Thiago.

2 Likes

What’s the option?

All well stating something like that but you have to provide a viable alternative.

2 Likes

2 shots on target so many over played and under played passes in the final third.

It’s the 4th game now. Top 4 is the best we will get now and that’s hopeful if this continues.

1 Like

goal difference all gone now too

Change the system. I doesn’t have to be the same front three, no matter what.

5 Likes

Allison save our bacons today :wave:. We didn’t really create any quality chances and Utd had two on a platter for them to bag the three pts. Bobby had a few chances but didn’t make the most of it. Our forward line is really struggling at the moment. There’s no spark no creativity, no magic from them. All they are doing now is hoping to make a play when they have the ball instead of linking up with other players. I’ve been saying it for a while now, Klopp needs to either tweak the system a little bit or change the personell up front. They need to shoot the ball more instead of trying to force for that perfect pass. Our midfield did ok today.
I think Thiago played well, he has that passing range and tenacity to hussle for the ball.
Our backline did well, a couple of mistakes that almost led to them scoring.
As important it is to win against the top 6, We need to start picking up points against the lower opposition or else we’ll be left behind.

3pts on Thursday, I am calling it :grin:

YNWA

6 Likes

Have to be. Four games without a win.

1 Like

We were playing with 10 men today… We could have won this game with Ox/Origi/Minamino subbed for Bobby and they couldn’t have done worst than Bobby in today’s game… Klopp is getting lot of things wrong this season… Didn’t sub Jones for atleast 15 minutes before West Brom scored and Jones error proved costly. Bobby in today’s game. Starting Jota in a nothing game when we were already savaged with injuries. Don’t get me wrong guys. Just love Klopp but doesn’t mean that he is above criticism. He has been so agitated this season even when we were top of the league. Hope things improve for the better.

To what?

I’m honestly open to suggestions.

1 Like

I am glad we got a point. In my view, they dropped 2 points and we gained one.
Alisson saved our Bacon (or lamb chops), ManU have a habit of scoring in the last minute, when they played so poor. Thiago is a godsend, what a baller. Fabinho is great at holding the fort whilst Virgil and Gomez are recovering.

Our problem is our front 3 at the moment. I don’t know what has happened to them.
Are they going through a ‘mid life crisis and need to find their inner mojo?’
Are our team mentally tired? I honestly don’t know.

Maybe, Jurgen needs to freshen up the front 3 and replace one of the 3 with Jota on a regular basis now.

The lads need to get scoring pretty soon, tbh, we have Champions league matches coming up next month as well. Those games are even more tense because, you are only give one or two chances and then you are out of the competition.

5 Likes

Yeah I said it in the match thread, Klopp has been his own worst enemy this season. Just baffling to me. I think the VVD injury and then the Jota injury just threw him so off-kilter.

2 Likes