Post Match: Liverpool v Man Utd (EPL 17/1/2021 4.30pm)

will be down to 4th at days end

2 Likes

Alisson, Fabinho, Henderson and the home record remaining intact are the only positives. Otherwise, unwatchable. Particularly in the last third. If they played blindfolded, they would be more in tune with each other than they are now. 9 days of training and they played as badly as they did against Southampton.

It’s not the time to start panicking but they have to remember how to play football again as soon as possible. Because whatever this is we are watching, it isn’t football.

1 Like

Bollox Bobby was powder puff on his shooting but still works his socks off.

4 Likes

Again - all is not lost. There’s still a lot of football to be played and literally anything can happen, but we need to improve very quickly if we want to stand any chance of being at or near the top come the end of the season.

5 Likes
Thiago
Wijnaldum Henderson
Shaqiri
Mane Salah
2 Likes

That’s 7 draws now… We are not winning the league with these kind of performances… Bobby has been abysmal… Can’t wait for Jota back… We are lucky to be in the mix…Once Jota is back our front 3 will start firing… It looks like we have no bench… You still have Ox, Minamino, Origi sitting for 85 minutes when Bobby couldn’t even finish a 3 yard pass…

we really need to get on it… its been a few weeks now of jus shit football

2 Likes

A small situation in the game that sums up our play forward play recently:

We work a situation, Gini in the box, sees Thiago coming in, no players in the way so a rolled ball along the floor can set up a first time shot, but Gini chooses the wrong option by inexplicably bouncing the ball to Thiago.

We want our Bobby back

4 Likes

When is Jota due back any clues

Whose on first Gnome head or Klopp

Too ponderous, way too slow in build up. We seem to have become a ‘spread it wide then hope for a cross then look up to see a wall then pass it back’ team. That said, it’s now quite obvious what VVD/Gomez and Matip bring to the team; striding out of defence up the pitch with their head up and just owning the park. No fault of the players we’ve put back there but they’re just not able to do that and our whole style of play going forward is totally out of whack. Be nice if we could shoot more, mind.

1 Like

Read somewhere that he will be back late Jan…

Interesting apart from Henderson needing to play in the back 4 at the moment. There are other options there though.

I would certainly like to hear Klopp’s views on why we’re struggling up front. Pretty sure he has a good idea, certainly better than I do.

5 Likes

I thought we played Burnley next week not today. Ah well, just too bad we couldn’t one past the parked bus of a negative team.

2 Likes

Cheers!!! That’ll give Bob a shakeup.

2 Likes

but he has been bad than good thats what the problem is… having one good performance every 5-6 games is jus not gonna cut it

I think we have to fight it if we can. Surely we can get 50 for Bobby and then a certain amount for 4 other lads to make 100 and then fork in another 50. Do anything because that’s us sorted up top for another 10 years and brilliant resale value if needed.

I love Bobby but he looks a passager even though we aren’t great these days

1 Like

Milner.

I was kinda praying that Klopp sends in Milner for Firmino after the break. Would have toughened up the midfield too.

2 Likes

Selling Bobby

5 Likes

Who said that :open_mouth: :flushed: