Post-Match: Liverpool v Midtjylland (UCL 27/10/20 8pm)

The formation stifled our usual play - as proved by how little impact Salah (until the pen) and Mane had on the quality of play. If we’re gonna persist with the 4-2-3-1 we need to play through the middle more. Still, got the win - that’s the most important thing

Well I’m happy to report that @Lowton_Red is on a Champions League streak with yet another successful scrappy 1-0 prediction.

Not sure my ticker can take it though. We certainly need to play better than that going forward but given the way this season is panning out I’ll take anything we can get.

Good result.

7 Likes

Glad we won…TAA my man of the match by a mile.

4 Likes

Rumour has it the origins of Midtjyllands name was a Danish official who got frustrated and banged his hands down on his keyboard.

Board, frustrated and frankly lacking the skills to fix his mistake he thought fuck it. Since then the name Midtjylland stuck.

Given that it’s no surprise is wasn’t a famous European night of football. Closer to watching a frustrated administrator for 90 minutes.

The main thing is we won. Other than that I doubt I will remember this game past next week.

9 Likes

Pretty sure @cynicaloldgit has lined something up with the mods.

No-one is that quick every single time…

8 Likes

Gave it to Williams in a poor, poor match.

1 Like

3pts.
Clean sheet.
Top of the group.
Awful performance apart from a few players.
Shame about Fabino.
Next!!!

3 Likes

Ugly performance overall, but…

6 points from 6, and top of the group after Ajax and Atalanta draw.

Can’t believe we’re now going to be without Fabinho, down to 1 healthy CB.

Hope that Hendo coming off at the half was a precaution, not an injury.

Rhys kept it simple, and grew into the game.

Best performers were TAA, Jota, and maybe Shaq.

I knew Origi was done for us, but am increasingly concerned from the lack of output from Minamino. Poor man’s Firmino, but then Firmino’s been off too. Jota might now be our best option in the center of that front 3.

2 Likes

Get that pipe into ya!!!

2 Likes

That was pretty brutal to watch. 3 points is what counts though. Not to continue saying this overly much but Bobby, come on man; missing fairly easy chances and losing the ball when deep in our half as well? He’s way off most games now, hope he gets it together and soon.

5 Likes

A ‘survive and advance’ win. In solid shape in the group, at least a split with Atalanta puts us in the driver’s seat for the group. Klopp needs time to work, and/or bodies to come back to work with before performances like these start to really affect the season’s targets.

7 Likes

I was screaming for Origi and Minamino to be subbed, but it got worse and we nearly fucked it up! I could see Mane wasn’t interested when he put his smoking jacket on instead of a shirt.

3 Likes

I was about sixth after the Sheffield United game, actually. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The cognac slowed my f5 hitting abilities.

3 Likes

A piece of piss.

4 Likes

He really has, because on my screen I was before him, then when I refreshed…alas.

2 Likes

Smashing Bobby, forcing your pipe into TOSH… You are like a dog on heat… If the team showed 10% of your energy we’d have cruised tonight.

3 Likes

I didn’t read that one.

3 Likes

Jota - Goal 10000

4 Likes

Αlisson and TAA saved us today.

Horrible, horrible game made even worse by Fabinho’s injury but the 3 points is all that matters.

3 Likes

a corn cob pipe would be my choice :grin:

3 Likes