Post-Match: Liverpool v Midtjylland (UCL 27/10/20 8pm)

That was a barely digestable showing with a mixed result. Top of the group - shure - but losing Fabs to injury is really galling.
So we got to play the season without any saftynet and just put the youngsters through the fire for the forseable future.

Step forward Joe and Rhys.

Motm Trent , Hendo , Diogo (Disclaimer: In an overall weak match on all accounts)

2 Likes

Can we nick the referee for the EPL,grab the VAR bloke whilst you’re at it.

11 Likes

Somewhat strangely, JK won’t return my calls…

7 Likes

A lot of our second choice players really blew a chance to shine there. Went for TAA, Jota and Rhys for MotM. In fact Rhys was the only one that really stood out - he was dropped in early and I felt confident with him there throughout.

1 Like

Thankfully our only real match before the international break is Atalanta.

The rest are all wank.

3 Likes

Poor performance. Good result.

What the hell is going on with Firmino? He looks like he doesn’t give a fuck anymore. Unforgivable miss, and the lack of effort to track back after Mane over ran the ball was infuriating. He’d only been on the field for about 10 minutes ffs.

3 Likes

Shaq because he overcame an average first half, great move for goal, and running so much (as far as stats go), or Jota for good game and no 10,000? I went for Shaq.

Bobby has an issue.
Taki is average under 23 player atm.

We have stumbled to the top of the table, and surely have to play a lot better in the next CL games. The Ajax vs Atalanta draw was a huge bonus.

3 Likes

Just watched the 1st goal again. The pass from Shaqiri was just class.

10 Likes

Winning badly, the hallmark of absolute champions.

6 Likes

Alisson did in fact save our bacon a couple of times in this game, with his positioning and presence on two 1 v 1s.

Wonder if we’ll see Hendo or Gini starting at CB at the weekend, unless Matip regains his fitness between now and then.

1 Like

Shaq’s pass opened them up like a tin of beans, something he is probably quite good at.

10 Likes

The game was so flat and disjointed for us I almost fell asleep :sweat_smile:. Honestly I don’t think the other team deserve to lose tonight, we didn’t played well enough to beat them outright. Luckily we got the three points and that’s all it matters.
I hope Fab injury is not something serious, or else we’re in trouble. Klopp should’ve let Rhys William start in the first place instead having Fab played. Now we might have an injury crisis at CB :weary:. Trent and Robbie played well tonight especially Trent with his pinpoint passing.
We can’t play with a midfield like tonight, or else we are gonna get beat up. We had no protection for Def and offer nothing up front. We need Thiago fit for the remainder of the season, he offers so much in our counter attacking play. Gini and Milly holds up the play too much. It slows down the transition and allows the other team to settle in at the back. Divock should not play again, offers nothing and just coast on the pitch. Shaq had his moments but nothing more. Taki and Jota was good but had no service.
I’m really worry about Bobby’s form, he missed a sitter that should’ve been at the back of the net. He’s not really contributing to anything at the moment. Klopp needs to do something to help him thru this, he’s too integral to our lineup.
Overall, lucky to get the three pts, but in general a boring game and we were fortunate they didn’t score on the key chances.

On to Atalanta.

YNWA

1 Like

The forgotten CB on our books.

15 Likes

We are not very good at the moment. Maybe the best team in this particular game, but I am worried. With luck, they could have had a draw or even a win, and we will lose playing like this against an upper table Premier League team.

I am now worried for the rest of the season. You can’t play many games like this and win. The winning ugly part is nice in a way, but it only works that many times.

Also very worried for Fabino. He is one of our very, very best.

Still, 3 points. We are in it. But dear lord, we need much, much better form asap !

2 Likes

Good win.
When ever I see The Cube playing for us I just can not understand why anyone would say sell him. Then I have to wait another year to see him again.
When we play 4231 we look like we are lacking a midfielder. I hope Thiago does something to fill that space. If we don’t adapt to this we will get a hiding from more technical sides.

5 Likes

The way things are going, we might have to play Shaqiri at centre half!!

2 Likes

Poor performance, result is what’s important I suppose. Fabinho injury is a kick in the balls, looked like a muscle injury because he pulled up mid run. Can Matip get and stay fit because if he doesn’t we are in trouble I feel.

4 Likes

Jota’s a bargain
Rhys Williams, you hero
Hope Fabinho’s OK!!!
Trent is boss
Shaqiri take a bow
So good to have Alisson back

6/6 on we go

9 Likes

If he hasn’t one of those muscle twitches he gets. Must be horrible with those big muscles of his. :cry:

2 Likes

The patron saint of central defenders has really got it in for us this season.

2 Likes