Post match: Liverpool v Msn City (EPL 3/10/21 4.30pm)

:sob:

4 Likes

The left side is alright but why is Hendo playing so far up when we are 2-1 up ???

He’s way off pre injury.
Took la Porte a season to get back proper. Might take VVD the same.

1 Like

Top class defensing to be honest. If only…

10 Likes

he was pretty poor

If we can’t trust Ox and Keita in big games more often than not…is it time to move them on?

5 Likes

Fabinho should have taken it the first time!

3 Likes

I’m sure everyone will debate the performance, particularly after the fab chance and clear tiredness midfield coupled with no subs, but honestly before the game I’d have taken a draw and I’ll take it now. Good result, good goals, good game. Still unbeaten

2 Likes

As I described him in an earlier post

This is my point. People say we do have depth…but it’s only depth if you use them and Klopp never plays them in big games. Fabinho was poor today but we have no one else

7 Likes

Keita should be able to get us a pretty penny given his skill but AOC is gonna be tough to move on…

To be honest, I thought AOC could come on for Hendo to provide some help on our right…

It’s obviously a new tactic by Klopp. Has happened in many games this season not to be. Gini has left, and seems like Klopp has decided to go more gung-ho in midfield.

In past years, Henderson would’ve been doing more game management positions, especially in periods we were giving the ball away cheaply.

1 Like

If our midfield is out of gas after our second goal, we should have revitalised it…But Klopp chose to do nothing…that is on Klopp actually…

2 Likes

Yup, and for Chelsea Loftus-Cheek and The ex-toffee come on and immediately have a positive effect on the performance…having not contributed all season so far. We don’t have the depth we think we have

4 Likes

Take that draw after what I thought was a poor performance from us.

Milner prob shoulda been sent off. From that point on anything was a bonus. Shame we couldn’t ride the wave after Salahs magic goal.

Thought Hendo, Fab and Virgil were all a bit poor in terms of sharpness.

Weve now dropped 4 points at home to Chelsea and City, as well as the draw to Brentfors. We won’t win the league if we carry on as we have been.

3 Likes

We are definitely light here and there and really reliant on having no injury issues. We’ve got three first choices out already :frowning: Seems a shame that we are completely capable of beating any team in the world, but lack the resources to sure it up.

Well I think I will just concole myself with Salah and his great goal.

Ok I think we got our tactics wrong wasted 1st half hoofing the ball. Second half played better in possession but the midfield was still in 1st half mode for too much of it trying to press high and leaving too much space.
It’s always better to beat you major rivals but a draw is a damn sight better than a loss.

happy with a point… midfield needs sorting, hopefully will be better after break

1 Like

I don’t think it was energy it was shape, as others have said we were too gung ho we should have held at 2 - 1 kept a good shape.

4 Likes

Fuck knows what Klopp said to them at half time but he could do with saying it before kick-off in future!!

11 Likes