Post match: Liverpool v Msn City (EPL 3/10/21 4.30pm)

It’s all about money, eh? We had Keita and AOC on the bench but we didn’t use them. Both of which would have physically outmatch the tiring bernardo silva and KDB…

2 Likes

Hindsight and all that but can’t players hit it with their left??!! It bounced 3 fucking times. In a crowded box. Spent an age sorting his feet out.

Hit it with your left son! Like everything Fab (and Hendo for that matter) did today, it was with a reaction speed 500ms too slow.

More often than not in these big games at home, the player’s come out and show the initiative with crisp, fast, one-touch passes to show who’s boss. We came out looking kind of hungover.

2 Likes

Because he didn’t trust either Ox or Keita in such a game.

4 Likes

Sigh…if only we got someone that is consistent, someone who that can just keep the ball under pressure and the ability to spring a killer pass for a counter…

Especially during the last ten minutes, when Henderson looked shagged!

Given the shit first half it was a positive result. We got away with some severe problems on our right flank all night , but not with everything.

Hendo felt (rightfully) he had to set the tone with aggressive pressing , but that led to a headless chicken approach that exposed Fabs massively. ManC’s midfield is to good on the ball to have those spaces open in front of the backline. No offense to Curt but he’s not there yet to read the defensive game to compensate for that.

Both our direct rivals have nicked points at Anfield - dislike!

Still unbeaten though…

Motm: Mo (murder assist and nuclear goal) , Sadio (sleeper cell of doom) and Robbo for being Robbo again

3 Likes

We missed Trent today - Injury
We missed Thiago today - Injury
We missed Bobby today - Rusty
We missed Ox today - Piss Poor Form
We missed Keita today - No Form at all, EVER.
We missed Minamino today - Who
… and yet we were still unlucky not to beat the Cheaters
Have faith people, a long way to go in this march to the title… :+1:

5 Likes

The truth is, in the final 5 minutes, everyone was running on fumes. That’s where I don’t understand why not put a fresh player on to track back and take a yellow if need be.

I understand Klopp not wanting to change with 10 mins to go, but when there’s just a matter of a couple of minutes, an Ox or Keita should be fine to put on.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t be trust Keita? He is made for this kind of game. Interceptions and tackles is his forté. The two things totally absent in midfield today.

4 Likes

Then they have no place on the bench, they’re just taking up space in the first team. I’ve held out hope for both of them for ages. But starting to resign to the notion that it’s not gonna happen for them with us.

1 Like

Its not easy for subs to make an impact in games what are frantic like that none of the subs who came on did anything great.

To be honest, if we aren’t gonna trust our bench, why keep them??? Get Michael Edwards to do his magic and sell them before he goes to Madrid…

2 Likes

Yeah I think Bobby does better from the start usually. Joe I thought was okay. In fact he got a block in that Millie wouldn’t have made to in time.

At the point we had our second goal, we should be doing our fucking nuts in to manage the game. Revitalise the midfield if we have to…

It is seriously irritating to see Klopp not making proactive changes when we are on the ascendency with the view of our players tiring out…

2 Likes

Wow!! A game that we could of won or lost. A tie it is. Matip was excellent again. Salah what a player. Deserves close to what he asks fsg. Our midfield needs sorting out if we want to challenge
For the title. Going for a nice cold one, good night.

1 Like

His confident Leipzig self no doubt - but not shure about right now tbf

2 Likes

We could have had many other players on the bench and Klopp wouldn’t have used them. Given the MiIly substitution was a given and Klopp uses only one more, Keita or Ox wouldn’t have been the ones who could have brought control in that mid instead of one of the three already playing. Keita probably could have, but the other sub ended up being Bobby who Klopp might have felt would have helped defensively. Keita for Jota could have been a possible sub maybe.

All hindsight though, if we conceded after such a sub, it would again be on Klopp.

2 Likes

Man…that motherfucker scores a worldie off the bench but gets benched the next few games???

If you saying that is Gini, I’d point to the entirety of last season. There were no killer balls.

End of the day once we got 2-1 we need to see that out same goes with Brentford.

This league is all over the place, the next period for us is tough with the additional Brazilian shit.

We will probably need results on the road, might be beneficial for Klopp to be forced into a change saying that Alisson is especially a big loss at the moment.

Still very much in our hands but with each dropped point comes pressure.

On paper draws against City and Chelsea are fine it’s the point at Brentford which hurts saying that I’m not that disappointed not like last Saturday.

2 Likes

Not just that, if we can’t rotate in midfield regularly we’ll have more tired performances like this.
The gap between our midfield and defence is letting other teams in.

Also as much as I like Matip, we are missing Joe’s pace at the back. In time Konate can match that too.