Post match: Liverpool v Napoli (UCL 1/11/22 8pm)

Good win against a good team. Even if they had nothing to play for, we ended their unbeaten run.

I voted for Kostas and Jones as MotM, ther former for his dedication and the latter was pure class.

Good to have Konate back and to finally see Ramsey in the first team.

1 Like

As a Liverpool fan, I fear no team in European competitions (errr… maybe Real, they have the sign over us)… but would prefer a nice handy stroll to the final.

2 Likes

Konate was brilliant. And it should be taken into account that Napoli have been smashing in goals for fun and are Europe’s form team. My man of the match.

12 Likes

There is nothing elegant or refined about his game, is there?

but oh how defenders must hate him…

Mad stuff happens around him.

1 Like

Really hope that Konate stays fit now for rest of season - what a difference

5 Likes

Man of the match poll lets ya vote for more than 3… Oooops

You’ll struggle to see 2 better goals than that all year.

1 Like
1 Like

Very solid first half, but stretched second at times but I do think it was the tiring of the front three. Konate showed on about three occasions in a 10 minute spell how we need him to available for us.

Nunez improved the forward line to be expected, only two I was disappointed in where Fabinho and Firmino especially in the second.

To beat a Napoli team that definitely wanted it is a massive bonus and hopefully this is the kind of result Klopp drives into the lads as they deserved it.

After Leeds it’s what we needed

5 Likes

Plus, it will be Februari before we play them, Jota and Diaz should be back by then and perhaps a new and shining midfielder … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Mo level with Gerrard for European goals.

9 Likes

Nunez off the bench to win us another game, heavily involved in everything positive. Sublime player.

Also credit to VAR.

5 Likes

Still think we are nailed on to play Porto then there is also Benfica it will be a trip to Portugal anyhow.

2 Likes

Nunez much better on the left. Keep him there.

Fab was awful. Did he ever pass it forward?

Good to see Konate back. Bit rusty wirh his passing but only 2nd game.

Youngsters got run out

Didnt go behind.

Thatll do

7 Likes

Only saw the last ten mins plus added time, but from what I saw we looked a lot more confident. I hope we do get a big team like Bayern in the last 16 as it seems that it takes playing against top class opposition to get the players motivated. Pity we’re playing Tottenham next.

3 Likes

A clean sheet against one of Europe’s form teams and ended their unbeaten run. :clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

It’s really concerning. He’s what? 28? I refuse to believe his legs have gone at that age, but it’s really worrying. He looks a shadow of the player he was just a few months ago.

6 Likes

29, there was some stories on Twitter he is really 34, I think it’s a pisstake. :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

I was in Inverness airport once and I saw De Niro walking through to his private plane area not only with his bodyguard, but with 6 stunning women surrounding him, they all looked the same and dressed the same in shortest of skirts and highest of heels ever…EXACTLY like the Robert Palmer video.
He had been playing golf somewhere in the Highlands
Unbelievable sight that I will never forget, nor want to :0)

3 Likes