Post match: Liverpool v Napoli (UCL 1/11/22 8pm)

Looks likely to be one of Real; Bayern; PSG or… Porto!

1 Like

I can just imagine suarez’s pep talk to Nunez been something like…

“Just be a mad bastard, and they will love you”

6 Likes

MoM for me nunez and tsimikas , they were the difference today. We didn’t create much .
We miss diaz and although 90% will disagree i feel kieta can make a difference if he plays regularly. In the nutshell a win is good for the spirit and for Nunez and certainly Salha.
Good news today luiz will be available and back in training during the world cup break
FSG need to invest because we clearly lack depth and legs

2 Likes

Sometimes I get the feeling that some of us are on autopilot wrt Fabinho and someday, somebody will score him poorly for a game he did not feature in…

That was a top contest against the best MF in Europe atm and they more than held their own.

Put some rspkt on that name :grinning:

Phew! I am so glad we won comfortably.
I thought Napoli were going to swat us. They are a good team. I think this win is important for the team morale as well.

Nice that Nunez got a goal and is kinda finding his feet in the first team.

I cannot understand what has happened to Fabinho’s lack of form.

We still have a very long season and need to get some good results in the league.

Hopefully, this good result will help the lads mentally and go into the next game with more confidence.

6 Likes

About Fabinho…

Maybe he doesnt want to go to Qatar and is doing his very best to not get picked for Brazil! :wink:

2 Likes

Oh one point with the guy with the mask he should have been booked after the fourth attempt at getting a player sent off, though the ref was generally ok that yellow for Trent was garbage

5 Likes

Laughing at Darwin leading MOM poll for that madcap 15mins. Honestly don’t know what to make of him, but it’s never gonna be boring when he’s on the pitch.

Thiago was head and shoulders above everyone else. Technique is just on another level.

Good win against a quality side. Now let’s kick start the season (again)

1 Like

Klopp was happy with the defensive side, we done really well to restrict them to two shots on target.

2 Likes

Oldest looking 29-year-old I’ve ever seen. Maybe something in it lol

Fab was noticeably very poor tonight (out of possession)

This is us this year. Hard fought 2-1 win v Spurs at the weekend, then get tanked by Southampton the following week

If you take emotion out of the equation, and look at the squad and the numbers, you will have to agree that Ramsay is three times that of Trent. Fact!

1 Like

You really should be able to appeal yellow cards.Trent yellow was a disgrace. He could end up with a suspension down the line partly due to that joke of a booking

2 Likes

Liverpool at the only team to beat each of Man City, Napoli and Newcastle this season. Very strange indeed.

2 Likes

That’s us out the the efl cup next week then.

I do think they may be wiped but yeah if any yellow card deserved a challenge that was it.

All I can think was he was warned previously but I don’t remember it.

I don’t think the referee saw the guy taking the throw-in already had the spare ball in his hands… the one TAA kicked became the spare

They get wiped after completion of quarter final

1 Like

To be fair I liked him even if he didn’t always make the right decisions. Nothing snidey he ref’d what he saw be lovely to have one like that in England.

Mike Dean to me was the closest he wouldn’t be the greatest but I didn’t think he was out there to screw teams over.

1 Like