Post match: Liverpool v Napoli (UCL 1/11/22 8pm)

Ah Luis Suarez. God forgive me, I loved watching that mad cannibal play for us.

6 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Liverpool vs Napoli| CL Match Day 6| Tue, 1st of Nov, 20:00 | Anfield:

Pom, pom, pom :sunglasses:

1 Like

Itā€™s got to be 10 behind the ball until the 20th minute from now on.

Stick Salah up top alone and Alisson can launch those kicks to him.

2 Likes

FIFY

3 Likes

Well eithier or, oddly the one time you see Salahā€™s pace is on them.

Thatā€™s because pace only matters when thereā€™s space behind a defence. Most of the time, our opponents have nine or ten men behind the ball, meaning thereā€™s no space into which to run and rendering Moā€™s pace redundant.

Against packed defences, close control, crisp passing and good movement are the key qualities. We have largely been well off our usual standards in all three this season.

13 Likes

HaHaā€¦ :ear:
Posted in the VAR thread also

3 Likes

Better than his armpit. If the ball goes in off your ear, it counts.

3 Likes

Really like this X-ray thing, is this used in the Prem or only UEFA?

Much better performance tonight. Kostas was a warrior out there.
Thiago, Konate Jones weā€™re all great.Nunez improved our attack when he came on.
Good to see the kids get some minutes also.

4 Likes

Not sure but will be watching with interestā€¦ but it did us well tonight

It maybe be implemented for next season, Italy are doing it from January and the World Cup will be fully operational with it.

To be fair both decisions were correct and you could almost tell on the stills especially their goal.

Anything that ends the lines is fine by me, if itā€™s offside itā€™s offside, I can see why both were not given on the field. Ok it might take some time but seems about the same time for someone to draw a line wonky.

I though it was his forehead on the still anyhow, I also think masky mcmask face could be classed with interfering.

3 Likes

So, you started watching with ten to go. Then in that time we score two goals. :thinking:

Why didnā€™t you start watching earlier? Weā€™d have battered them. :wink::nerd_face:

4 Likes

Nice win. Shame we still finish runner up, as we will probably get a big team. Then again, weā€™ve been losing to small teams all season in the Prem, so who knows what to expect any more!

What we do know is we are a top CL team and we fear nobody in this competition. Whoever we get, bring it on.

My three were Konate - did well against a very physical and tricky customer in Osimhen, who didnā€™t waste any time flopping either, it has to be said.

Then Thiago - dictated a lot of our play, metronome, so good on the ball.

And finally Darwin Nunez. Itā€™s a bit generous to him as he only came on late, but in the minutes he played he was laden with threat and he made a lot of stuff happen. Get in lad.

Lovely to see the kids come in too.

Oh, and I am probably being unfair to Curtis Jones as he deserves to be in the three picks.

1 Like

Not that strange really? I bet that weā€™re the only team who have played all three? Nobody in the Prem has played Napoli apart from us, and nobody in our UCL group are going to play Newcastle. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

It wasnā€™t for a challenge. It was because he brought the ball back on to the pitch after itā€™d gone out for a throw in. I do agree though. There were players from both sides who picked the ball up after conceding free kicks and carried it away so they could get back into position. Thiago was walking around with a ball under his arm while another ball had been placed for a free kick. The ref had to tell him to throw it off the pitch.
If youā€™ve seen my posts on here youā€™ll know that I despise refs. Itā€™s stuff like this that p155es me off. Tell the players before the game that if they move the ball (kick it or pick it up and walk away) then itā€™s a yellow card.

@mattyhurst did you put the match on earlier today? :wink:

People really need to study anatomy of the human body.

Iā€™m no expert, but the last time I looked the ear is well inside of the shoulder with which you can score a goal.

Total nonsense. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

This is just what we need, some will get frustrated, he is starting to look the goods.

Jeez,this is what happens when you only get a glimpse and then come back after the game.
Checked the BBC,just as they scored so carried on with the work thinking Bugger,or a whole lot more.Then I see we won 2-0,reading back it was of course that disallowed goal.
Memo to self, you canā€™t watch the lot watch nothing till after the game.
Happy camper now!

1 Like