Post match: Liverpool v Newcastle (EPL 16/12/21 8pm)

Man of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Joel MATIP
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • Thiago ALCANTARA
  • Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Sadio MANE
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Roberto FIRMINO
  • Naby KEITA
  • James MILNER

0 voters

Unused Subs: Kelleher, Pitaluga, Gomez, Minamino, Tsimikas, Williams.

:arrows_counterclockwise: 74’ Roberto FIRMINO on, Mohamed SALAH off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 74’ Naby KEITA on, Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 90’ James MILNER on, Thiago ALCANTARA off

:soccer: 20’ Diogo JOTA (Assist Sadio MANE)
:soccer: 25’ Mohamed SALAH (Assist Sadio MANE)
:soccer: 87’ Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD (Assist Roberto FIRMINO)

Lovely night. Nice win, even if the performance was off. And Chelsea drop points.

6 Likes

8 Likes

The Scouser in our Team… La la la…

3 Likes

Good win. With matches seemingly postponed left right and centre, was important to keep our winning run.

Man City are on a good winning run as well, so need to keep pace. Also, well done Rafa.

8 Likes

Good result in the end. Thiago had a bit of a mare, doesn’t suit him being in the fabinho role, but we knew that from last season.

Won’t begrudge voldemort his banger as he told whisky nose to fuck off and they still lost

4 Likes

Nice win. Nothing flashy, but that strike in the end by Trent made up for it. Thiago had a mixed game, but still so much better when he has it going. Keita look bright once he came on. Front 3 looking good. And Konate a beast performance again!

2 Likes

Looked like we were playing in slow motion and the fans were very quiet also, I thought Trent, Joel and mo especially in first half were excellent. Another great 3 points to keep us close to top. Onwards and upwards.

2 Likes

Ibou? Ibu? The Kop has a chant for you now: proper song incoming. Majestic performance from the man mountain.

11 Likes

Good result but a better side than them could have punished us. Fab’s absence makes me nervy. Konate is some fucking player. His deftness, considering his size, is remarkable.

4 Likes

3 points… IF we play over the weekend, we need to be better. I would start keita or milner over OX to give us a bit more control in the middle

2 Likes

Idiot BT reporter asking TAA if the game should’ve been stopped with the head injury. What did Trent have to do with that?

3 Likes

Konate played a great “van dijk” tonight! And TAA strike was delicious!

3 Likes

21:53

Post update

Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle

Liverpool become the first team to win 2,000 English top-flight games.

Arsenal are second on the list on 1,927.

13 Likes

Do you mean Voldemort? The Dark Lord hasn’t got a nose and, Jonjo…well…

There wasn’t a head injury. Simple as that.

7 Likes

I’d question even if it was a head, I think the wind was heavy because most of them fell down with the slightest of fouls.

If any one of their fouls were a foul then Ox’s was a cast iron penalty and I thought it would have been soft.

Anyhow Henderson and Trent were excellent.

3 Likes

Trent with an absolute thundercunt

2 Likes