Post match: Liverpool v Newcastle (EPL 24/4/21 12.30pm)

have to find a way to fall out of the top 6

How much do we miss Hendo’s leadership? Certainly fuck all leadership from elsewhere. Don’t think I could be more fucked off at the minute.

For all our troubles at the back,it’s been the inability of our forwards to finish games off that has cost us this season.At this stage any of the 3 up front could go,for varying reasons,and a new lad who can convert chances created at a more consistent rate brought in.We create enough good chances to score 2 or 3 goals per game.Other forwards would put those chances away. Time for a change up top.

4 Likes

words and phrases that I never thought I would miss, but now realize that I miss them badly
heavy metal
swashbuckling
pressing

6 Likes

Yeah need to finish as low as we can.

Is this the worst defence of a title ever,? Must be up there.

2 Likes

Time after time we fall apart in the last five minutes. Klopp should of used his last sub after their disallowed goal,and try to slow the game down and settle the players down.

2 Likes

u didnt ask anything fobs, u jus commented

Thiago was a mistake. Jota was fucking dreadful today and bringing Milner on disrupted any kind of Newcastle flow until the Thiago sub

1 Like

Firmino should have had a hat trick of assists!

1 Like

Should have stayed in the Super League eh? :rofl:

Mane was fucking rancid as well

2 Likes

Christ how much are we missing Henderson?

When was the last time this team bossed the midfield?

A creaking defence, along with a midfield that generally offers no protection and nothing going forward is putting immense pressure on our forwards to convert every sniff of a chance.

We’re a fucking sorry state right now

I can’t remember I think it was a bit of both, ??!! no? :wink:

1 Like

I can see us finishing 8th easily now, hopefully no lower.

We can’t seem to take the chances, should have wrapped up the game by half time. It’s bad enough Bobby and Mane lost their mojo, now Jota as well…

German Red what are we going to do with you…
Too legendary to ban, too wasteful to keep…kind of like Origi…

1 Like

Yeah. Agree on Thiago. I just don’t see what he brings to the team. He’s slow, can’t tackle, and while he can play the odd Hollywood ball. I just don’t think he works in our system.

1 Like

give u reasonable doubt then, it was a bit of both without the question mark!

1 Like

also I miss
fortress anfield

2 Likes

Man City got relegated so no.

1 Like

We don’t deserve top four, drawing two matches in a row like that is just not good enough.

Unfortunately, not getting CL will cause issues next season too in terms of players leaving, not coming, the Europa League impact.

This season everyone at the club has let the fans down.

The owners over the ESL. Whoever decided to go into this intense season with three centre backs, of whom two are very injury prone. The manager for some poor team selections and substitutions, the fitness team for us having disproportionate injuries, and the players themselves.

In particular, our forwards need to to have a good hard look in the mirror. Absolutely keystone cops performances, an embarrassing season of woeful finishing.

3 Likes