Post match: Liverpool v Newcastle (EPL 31/8/22 8pm)

Nah…f***k em

2 Likes

Who got the assist for the Fab goal? Was it Salah?

2 Likes

True that. The extra 2 minutes are far more beneficial than yellow cards

6 Likes

There is something that the PL needs to do with teams that engages so overly blatant with time-wasting!

Other than that, we have a huge problem in our final third. If I am not wrong, we had about 3 shots on target all game long. That says it all on our midfield and full backs that couldn’t do any fucking thing to create.

Hendo is not an LCM and seeing how he failed to track Isak for their goal, it is not a solution for us in the long term.

2 Likes

I think Shay is crying.

2 Likes

“What?”

Inject it :syringe:

12 Likes

Fabio is a ready made star, time to get the start he deserves.

Remember I told you this.

Newcastle did play well for majority but if you time waste…expect it to bite back from time to time

MOTHER FUCKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

4 Likes

Giving my motm to Joe, think he was excellent today. Harvey and Diaz a close second though.

Hopefully someone has some footage of the bench fiasco at the end when we scored, it looked like fun

4 Likes

Just before our equaliser, we changed tactics to Trent and Andy to stay wide on both sides. Bobby then went into the number 10 role with Diaz and Salah in the channels.

A minute later we scored.

Prior to that is was the stale Man Utd type performace. 8 out 9 times in Prem going a goal behind. But this winner should kick us on.

3 Likes

Play shit and still win. It’s a nice change.

Onwards and to crush the bitters now

4 Likes

MOTM?

the referee for playing 7 mins injury time instead of the 5 mins displayed on the board by the 4th official! :wink:

3 Likes

I didn’t think we would win it at the end, but what karma for the Magpies for timewasting the whole match LoL. Elliott had a cracker of a match, so much poise and skill for his age. He needs to start every match in midfield for us. I hate to say it, but something is wrong with Robbo, his game has really fallen off and I don’t know if it’s because of him playing too many matches over the years, and it’s finally catching up to him. When Thiago is back fit, I don’t think Hendo should start anymore, he doesn’t offer the team much aside from maybe his leadership ability.

On the whole, I think the team wasn’t threatening enough, we are becoming too predictable with our plays in the opposition end. A lot of our balls are bypassing midfield and instead being hoof up diagonally to the wingers from the back. When we have the ball, we pass it around on the periphery too much, and not really using the runners. I think we’ll be a lot better once we have everyone back, but I still think if we can bring in a ball carrying midfielder to compliment the boys, we’ll be back up and running in no time.
Big match this weekend with the Blue shits lol, let’s win another one, YNWA

4 Likes

Lets give a shout out to Lindsay Hipgrave, what a women.

@Limiescouse Continuing our discussion about the lack of pressing. Why is Salah being positioned out so wide and why isn’t Diaz doing the Mané pressing role?

1 Like

Harvey Elliot was absolutely outstanding. The only downside to his form is that he’ll probably get an England call up.

14 Likes

Just desserts.

Newcastle mwahahaha

4 Likes

It was a really poor performance and ironically very much like I was describing pre game about deserved and undeserved games.

No one really deserves motm beyond the lads who scored and Elliott who was buzzing around and making the interceptions Hendo had tried all game, special talent he is.

Hendo
Trent
Fabinho
Robertson

All had shockers.

Another team that time waste to the nth degree thankfully unlike last night Mariner has been around a long time and added the right amount of stoppage on, he was generally crap too mind.

It was scrappy but won, that’s more like it.

I adore Henderson but I do wonder if he was injured because slowly walking off is not really what we need with 20 left and it being 1-1.

2 Likes

Diaz is a different kind of player than Mane.

Also Klopp and his tactics have changed from being a more possession game to the earlier gegenpressing game

We are winning this :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Not anytime soon it shouldn’t.

Far too many midfielders…Henderson Rice Phillips Gallagher Smith-Rowe Mount Foden Jude Grealish

1 Like