Post match: Liverpool v Norwich (EPL 19/2/22 3pm

First half was a bit disjointed. Things not quite coming off, but not especially bad. Could have easily had a couple of goals on another day.
Think most of Norwich’s action in the first half was all offside except one very early chance.

2 Likes

You don’t want too know…just saying thank gawd for the subs…

3 Likes

Cheers.

Anyhow always good to win from behind

4 Likes

Yeah, thought we were very lively. Decisions in final third were off, else could have been a different story.

1 Like

That’s pretty obvious. At the 3rd goal, was surprised Klopp didn’t put on a midfielder straightaway, but rather waited a few more minutes while the game was going end to end.

I’m not advocating starting with a 4-2-4 (although Klopp has started with Mane, Bobby, Salah, and Jota against Shitty before).

Thiago changed the game for me, he was outstanding in the short time he was on the pitch. Origi had an impact as well, he seemed to unsettle Norwich at the back.

2 Likes

Got a feeling Origi may start up top in the next game if Jota/Bobby are unfit. Held the ball up really well, and allowed Mane back into his favoured position.

Problem is you may think that, but he may end up doing nothing when he starts. He’s so unpredictable. The game today and how it had shaped up till then suited him and he fared well.

5 Likes

Klopp made 5-6 changes in the starting lineup and 2-3 of the players didn’t play in their best positions. As a result, like I said in the match thread, it was somewhat disjointed without anyone being particularly bad. Happy to see a sharp and eager Origi.

1 Like

Yup, that’s our Origi for ya.

2 Likes

As tempting as it may be to have Origi start up front , I’d play with Bobby instead. Leeds are a team which seem to be just the type that Bobby with his movement can make their defenders go round in circles.

Bobby is injured and may miss next few games.

The Boss said of Bobby: “he’s out for a while”. :sob:

I’d still rather use Origi as an impact sub.

Minamino probably is due for some goals.

1 Like

:100: Origi performs best as substitute.

Thiago is a player with an incredible set of skills. It says something that we’ve got someone with Xabi’s skill set after so long. They are hard to find

1 Like

Rather enjoyed that one. Norwich were up for it and actually made a game of it. However once they tired there was only going to be one winner. Unfortunately, in this league, fortune favours the bus parker.

MotM for me was Tmiskas. Possibly our biggest threat in the first half and constantly creative throughout. Other votes for Salah on scoring his 150th goal and Diaz for grabbing his first.

Anyway, another solid three points and a fair few legs rested. Next up, Dirty Leeds.

1 Like

I love Dethklok! The bassist Bryan Beller is also in The Aristocrats who I absolutely love!!

1 Like

I’d rather listen to Guthrie and Marco though.

Who the fuck cares what the bassy plays

Don’t score 1st against us, lesson of the day!