Post match: Liverpool v Norwich (EPL 19/2/22 3pm

Mo MOTM for me. Lots of great runs, lot of trickery, and excellent finish for the goal.
Diaz would have been a romantic choice for MOTM. By far the best goal. The pass was amazing by Hendo, the control perfect by Diaz, the finish class.
Mane was good, great goal.
Ali couldn’t do anything about goal. Fantastic assist.
Matip and Virgil solid.
Joe ok, probably just his crossing was poor, and a few loss of possessions.
Timmy was good. Huge miss. Struggled to click with Diaz for a while.
Hendo really good, amazing assist, has had a few of those type assists. Great vision.
Keita was solid.
Of the subs, Thiago made an enormous difference. Such incredible attacking passes, and possession passing.
Ox very disappointing.

We really controlled the game for the most part, we would have been very unlucky not to win that. The only thing that stopped us for a while was a major deflection for the goal, and some excellent saves from the keeper, and last ditch blocks from the defenders.

2 Likes

Apart from the deflected goal they never managed a shot on target.

3 Likes

Loved the Diaz goal. So happy we’ve got him. What a signing!

1 Like

All quality goals

Guthrie is the best and Marco a monster player!!

Glad we won. I didn’t watch. I don’t care about football at all today. Such a sad day.

Love Diaz, but nothing was coming off for him in the first half. Was expecting him to be subbed. Fantastic that he wasn’t!

2 Likes
3 Likes

He seemed to be trying too hard at times.

1 Like

Turned out nice in the end!

Norwich can have some plaudits, we can have the points. They gave it a go. We didn’t start to move through the gears until we went down. Weird that it sometimes needs that, but alls well that ends well.

Sadio, lovely to keep that down.
Diaz proper strikers goal, good run, nice control on right , dinked finish with the left. Mo assist lovely too.
Mo lovely goal. Back to front. Control. Then calm when he was getting crowded out. Nice turn, rolled finish on the right into the empty side of the net.

Onwards and upwards.

Oh, both Keita and Ox, who to my mind have question marks over them for summer, didn’t cover themselves in glory.

Nice to see Big Div get a run out.

Oh, and Joe Gomez… eased into it, overlapped fine, got a couple of crosses in. He’s no Trent at right back, but that was fine today. And lovely to see him get some minutes under his belt.

5 Likes

and whats going on with curtis jones? he has now been left off three match day squads in a row. is he injured?

Hé was not bad when he started against Barcelona :joy:

1 Like

Not needed at the minute.

dude not even making the bench

Not all games area as easy as those though :wink:

1 Like

City lost to spuds. Don’t get your hopes up too high but… game on.

8 Likes

Jones is clearly a very talented player, but there are certain areas of his game that he needs to improve.
I remember very well Klopp’s last interview /talking about Curtis/, Juregen very rarely /if never/ criticizes his players in public, but his words were the closest thing to critic.

The boss said:’’ “Talents need to work and he is doing that work and talents need to learn the game and he is doing that every day. Sometimes they need a push and Curtis looks like he is that guy – not that he is not concentrating.’’

And leaving him 3 consecutive times out of the matchday squad is a very clear warning for young Curtis. Klopp is the best manager for young players who want to learn and work hard and it is better /in my opinion/ if they don’t need a push, like TAA for example or Konate.
Jordan Ibe is the perfect example of a young player with huge potential who had his chances, but wasted them.

Still think that Jones will have the chance to change Klopp’s opinion. But the most important thing with this group of Liverpool players is their work ethic and to listen very carefully what the manager tells them to do.

6 Likes

yeah its worrisome because klopp is so so patient and great with youngstars. for him to not bench but keep off match day squad three times in a row is troublesome. if carvehlo comes in june Curtis better look out

1 Like

4 Likes

We need to keep going until the show down at the emptihad and take them…and show them who is really boss :slight_smile:

4 Likes