Post match: Liverpool v Nottingham Forest (EPL 14/9/24 3pm)

Player of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Virgil VAN DIJK (c)
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • Ryan GRAVENBERCH
  • Alexis MAC ALLISTER
  • Dominic SZOBOSZLAI
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Luis DIAZ
  • Cody GAKPO
  • Darwin NUNEZ
  • Conor BRADLEY
  • Kostas TSIMIKAS
0 voters

Unused subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Endo, Jones, Tsimikas, Quansah,

:arrows_counterclockwise: 61’ Conor BRADLEY :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Alexis MAC ALLISTER

:arrows_counterclockwise: 61’ Darwin NUNEZ :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Diogo JOTA

:arrows_counterclockwise: 61’ Cody GAKPO :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Luis DIAZ

:arrows_counterclockwise: 65’ Kostas TSIMIKAS :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Andrew ROBERTSON

:arrows_counterclockwise: 65’’ Curtis JONES :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Ibrahima KONATE

Not a great game from us.

Scrappy first half as we struggled to build momentum.

Second half we seemed very open and not enough options in the midfield when trying to build up.

Substitutions did not get into the game enough.

Also, I was not a fan of Robertson rushing to the centre forward position leaving us open for the counter.

Most importantly we go again!!

YNWA

1 Like

May not be a popular view, but Forest deserved that and we didn’t, incredibly disciplined and organised performance from them with a worldie goal thrown in as well.

I thought we lost our heads after the subs, lost any semblence of control and looked like the players had no idea what was going on.

Hopefully lessons learned for all involved, and we move on.

11 Likes

Completely outfought and outthought.

There were always going to be teething things with a new coach, but we were really toothless for good chunks today. It didn’t help that some players were miles off it. How many times did Mo and Szobo play weak-ass passes to nobody? Infuriating.

Going to go, try and enjoy the rest of my weekend because that was appalling.

1 Like

Same old problem. We can’t break down teams that throw all of their men behind the ball. Midfield and forwards were very poor and didn’t test their keeper all game.

Really nothing to pick from this game in terms of performance. Absolutely nothing…

I know we’ve had the international games, but the season’s just started.

This is a real concern for me…

Diaz was our best forward and gets subbed. Szobo our worst player today and stays on. Salah misplaced too many passes.
Didn’t deserved anything today.

1 Like

Absolutely fucking shit. None of them played well. Gravenberch and Alisson maybe. The rest of them didn’t have a clue.

Worryingly it wasn’t just rustiness. They looking like they didn’t know what they were doing. No plan.

I don’t know what Endo has done to Slot. On the other end of the scale I also don’t know what Szobozslai has done to Slot. One doesn’t play no matter what, the other player no matter how shit he is playing.

Forest are going to take all the plaudits, but I didn’t think they were very good. They just met a Liverpool that were terrible.

Disappointed that Slot didn’t figure it out at half time, as he had spoiled us with some great game changing tweaks in previous games-this was the first one he failed to do so. Long before we had conceded the goal, we couldn’t create enough danger…

Every player played worse than in the previous games too. Most probably that’s (at least partly) because of Forest making it more difficult for them, so I guess that’s Slot being slightly outplayed here by Santos.

Now it will be interesting to see the team’s reaction, first to have a good start in the CL and then to win the next PL game.

1 Like

Wasn’t so much about Forest IMO as it was about our game.
It just never rose to any high level, at least not consistently.

And it died completely in the 2hf

A disappointing game. The first half wasn’t bad and we looked as if there wasn’t missing much to become more dangerous. The start of the second half looked a bit the same, it was always ‘nearly’. Then Slot made his three changes which threw us totally out of our game. Forest won the upper hand and won the game quite logically, with a super goal as well.

Welcome to the PL, Mr. Slot, and if you don’t want to run your player into the ground too soon, you’ll have to learn the art of rotation very, very quickly. This isn’t Feyenoord and the Dutch league anymore.

Oh well, there is a lot to learn from that game for everyone. Hopefully they’ll take it on board. Also for us, btw: for instance not to expect too much from this squad, and to support the lads nevertheless. We have been spoiled by extraordinary years under Klopp, now it’s back to normal.

1 Like

International Breaks, 2024-25 Season

There will be no league games on the weekends of:

• September 7, 2024
  • October 12, 2024
  • November 16, 2024
  • March 22, 2025

Can’t wait for the next break

i now get why ian graham didnt understand why klopp wanted nunez so bad…just take the financial hit and move on

He did have a bad game.
But last game, even though he missed two sitters, if you look at his stats he was first and second in many categories of important things. So I think that’s what he has done to Slot. Failed him today though, for sure.

2 Likes

He was abysmal.

Slot is the first manager to win the first 3 games but yet with this loss, has the worst start in the first 4 games in the last 5 or 6 seasons I think, as far as points are concerned. It’s never acceptable to lose at home but yet the above stats shows exactly that it’s still early days. This could come back to bite us or become irrelevant as we go on a great run rest of season. I hope Slot learns fast what the PL is about and unleash a big one on the team in the dressing room tonight.

how on earth is your takeaway from that performance about nunez? he could barely get into the game and his few contributions were actually okay. Jota, Salah and Szobo all miles off.

6 Likes