Post match: Liverpool v Nottingham Forest (EPL 14/9/24 3pm)

For those wetting their beds over 1 lose, just imagine what it would feel like to be 20th in the table with 0 points.

4 Likes

I said twice yesterday you can have bad days at the office especially when someone comes in. Regardless how excellent the setup they inherit.

If these are a pattern then you show concern at the moment there have been patches.

A fortnight back some were suggesting throwing whatever at Salah and getting him and Trent to sign, now itā€™s drive them to the nearest rubbish tip.

Knee jerk bollocks doesnā€™t help.

11 Likes

Bit harsh on our u18s Aussie.

1 Like

Or celebrating having a hard fought win against Southampton

Are you implying @cynicaloldgit isnā€™t tired?

Maybe a topic that deserves its own threadā€¦

1 Like

2 Likes

If this was the first loss after an international break, I would be worried, itā€™s not. We have good days and then bad, itā€™s just football.

3 Likes

I was expecting such a result after the internationals, all our star players involved for two lots of 90 min and travelling back thousands of miles has definitely affected them,especially szoboszly he always empties the tank for his country and comes back knackered and so do MacAllister Virgil and robbo.
Klopp suffered from the Santo tactics after an international but he found a way to counter those type of teams and so will Slot. The ref didnā€™t help either allowing a lot of time wasting and shithousery to break our rhythm. I used to think that Oliver was a fair ref but now I put him in the same category as Taylor and coote. We have to accept that all the teams from the bottom half of the PL will copy the same tactics from now on even ETH will do that at Anfield.

2 Likes

Oliver used to be a good ref, but itā€™s gone to his head and of all the refs he is by far the the one that most enjoys the smell of his own farts.

These lot love coming to Anfield and giving us fuck all, because itā€™s part of the ā€˜look how Iā€™m not being influenced by these lotā€™ act that they feel they have to do.

1 Like

Yes I adjusted my expectations pretty much like yours or even lower just finis hing in the top 4 will do me.

I donā€™t get the pessimism weā€™re seeing now. We are still far closer to being part of a top 3 than we are to any of the best of the rest, and it wont take too much going right for us to be in as credible a title challenging situation as we were for 3/4 of last season.

5 Likes

The End Is Near

2 Likes

4 Likes

My view was always top 4 and a cup run.

1 Like

Just want to comment on Oliver. The quantity of free kicks he gave against us was astonishing. Forest played on the borderline of hard and dirty, which is a classic tactic for teams to narrow the gap, so no qualms there from me, as thatā€™s part of football. However, they did not get pulled up nearly enough.

Compare contrast with us. We did our usual game of trying to press and nick the ball away, only this time, all of a sudden, it seemed as though Oliver wasnā€™t fine with it, and he kept blowing his whistle and giving them a free kick.

Factor in a significant income stream from Abu Dhabi, and it doesnā€™t pass the sniff test at all. Was it just a referee having a bad day? Was it a referee unilaterally objecting to our style, and determining to stop us in our tracks? Or was it all of the above, from a man paid by Abu Dhabi?

I know what I saw, and it looked bent.

In terms of things we can control, we didnā€™t do nearly enough. Our passing was well off, and it looked as though we had regressed from where we were before the break. Probably 8 of them were below par, and you canā€™t expect to win too many when it is like that.

In the grand scheme of things I expect the loss will serve us in the long run. Slot will have a painful data point as to the depth of quality in the Premier League, while also learning about his side, the refereeing, and even the best way to go about arranging training sessions after an international break, and making multiple subs and not seeing the uptick in performance, but instead taking a backwards step.

Lots of things to think through there, and Iā€™m sure we will be better for it in the long run, even if, on a Monday, losing the game still stings.

5 Likes

Since Sandcastle wanted to eat at the head tableā€¦ Oliver has been as biased against us, as any of the other frauds in black.

1 Like

Even 4 games in the stats make interesting reading.

Taken from Flashscores.

Forest have committed 15 fouls against Wolves, 13 against Southampton, 18 against Bournemouth. On Saturday against a team who attacks the whole game and had 70% possession they committed just 6.
Liverpool on the other hand have committed 50 fouls in 4 games while being fouled 29 times. This is a pattern that has been apparent for some time now.
This football club has been cheated and abused by officials and the powers that be for a number of years now and has lost titles and cups because of it. It could also have lost itā€™s greatest manager in 40 years for the same reason, who knows what influence all this shit had on Kloppā€™s decision to quit?
The club donā€™t care. They bend over and take it year in year out and say fuck all. We are run by fucking cowards, spineless twats who havenā€™t got the guts to stand up for themselves.
This season is obviously going to be no different. Weā€™ll have enough points stolen off us to derail any challenge we could make. Maybe this season itā€™ll cost us a place in the top 4 and set us back even more.
Iā€™m past caring tbh. If the club donā€™t give a shit why should I?

4 Likes

What magic words do you want them to say that will actually accomplish fuck all?

1 Like

Nothing fella. I think we should keep quiet about it. I mean, imagine knowing you were being cheated as a matter of routine and actually saying something.

1 Like

Rather than being facetious try answering the question. Doing so might illustrate that pissing and moaning is easier than finding the magic combinations of words

1 Like