Post match: Liverpool v Nottingham Forest (EPL 14/9/24 3pm)

I can imagine it can be quite tiring when you’re starting 6 games in less than a month, which includes flying halfway across the world and back again, so yes.

Not tired meaning, “it’s only September, their season is fucked this early”…tired meaning in this period, we’re mentally not here.

Players, not robots.

5 Likes

I sort of expected this but not nearly as bad as the second half, players looked tired after the international break and not given a day off from training like with Klopp, we won the first three games but for me too much pedestrian football except at old toilet,
Jota was very quiet today and very poor on international duty even at OT, I think we have got big problems in midfield not enough numbers and mostly softies.
Very strange subbing off Konate today.
All in all a reality check and it will stop all the title challenge nonsense, if Forest can win at Anfield we have a massive job trying to get top 4.

1 Like

A
Can this be sorted reminds me of primary school when the teacher draws a red line through your poor homework.

Tell that to @cynicaloldgit

We batter United at their place then hiccup at home.

WE’RE ALL SHIT!!!

Fuck me.

2 Likes

Eth thought they could play attacking football against us though.

The good thing is, i do not for a second think Arne has been resting on his laurels.

4 Likes

That was bad.

Despite his goals, far too many moves break down through Salah. Either taking pot shots that have no chance of coming off or trying to play passes through the eye of a needle.
Szloboslai is a bum.
Any injury to either Gravenberch or McAllister will fuck us up

1 Like

Even after our first two wins he raised his frustration with some of the key things that was going wrong today (he may have said it after Utd, but I just didn hear it). It can be difficult to really take on board those sort of criticisms if you’ve won and so maybe this result now will create the fertile ground for the message to be received and understood for a few of them.

4 Likes

I knew you wouldn’t be able to resist.

Aye, well that makes 2 of us doesn’t it.

Not a great day at the office, given,as has been pointed out,7 players had played 180mins during the break, and if they weren’t a little tired they are robots.To start the same lineup after the break suggests that Slot misjudged the EPL a bit and he certainly wont again.The idea of doing 3 changes together with half an hour to go didn’t strike me as great, but what would I know.
We’ll bounce back smartish!

2 Likes

It interesting that Slot refers to Forest as a team that would not be expected to finish in the top ten. That seems to imply that he thinks games against teams from the bottom half of the PL will be comparatively easy. We all know that that’s not true, although we should be expected to beat Forest at home.

Plus, there was the failure to rotate players after an international break, especially those who had to travel a long way. I hope that was more than one lesson learned by Arne.

2 Likes

I recall he said the same of Ipswich and Brentford, maybe said top 6 or top 8 instead. He’s just a straight talker. Of course it’s not but true, then again us fans know the league far better than Arne will. We know the threats and challenges teams at the bottom possess. Whilst he’ll have a better feeling of what that’s like now, he’ll still have many lessons to learn along the way.

1 Like

I don’t believe that is the implication. Rather that a club like Liverpool, in the moment we are in, should “expect” to win most of their games against these teams, especially at home, which is simply true. To imply otherwise would be Hodgsonesque.

I would say this expectation reflects also on the performance of the manager and the players, not to simply show up and take points for granted. If something is expected, it must be delivered. Everything I have heard suggests that Slot takes that very seriously.

Slot stated several times after the game that the performance was not of the standard required.

7 Likes

That is a weird take. Darwin came on with 30 minutes left to play, where we had been blunt. We lost control of the midfield right about then, but I struggle to see how that was his fault. From 60 minutes forward, we were producing shots more quickly, but so were Forest - far more so.

2 Likes

Worst thing is the International break for Europe involves the Nations league and now managers aren’t experimenting and therefore resting the best players.

I’m sure if he changed the lineup and the same thing happened the comments would be the same. I’m wary of seeing too many things into just one game.

2 Likes

International break.

Misplaced passes

Opponents are shithouses

They got a worldie goal.

Shit happens.

End of.

4 Likes

I can’t believe I was looking forward to that shit all last week.

2 Likes