Post match: Liverpool v Nottingham Forest (EPL 14/9/24 3pm)

I bloody hate memes.

Memes or Gifs?

1 Like

Both. I am 56. Do not understand them. Do not find them funny. lol. Old git.

1 Like

You donā€™t need to find them funny, itā€™s not always used for comedic valueā€¦certainly nothing funny with the way I intended to use it. Bugs bunny yawning is pretty self-explanatory.

The dude in questions obsession over a certain player is evidentā€¦and boring.

Thing is I donā€™t really think thatā€™s down to a low block approach. Itā€™s down to not doing the basics right.

2 Likes

Youā€™re an infant to @cynicaloldgit

Bloody hell an argument over gifs. We must have lost!

Have to bring this up again.

Training sessions on Thursdays AND Fridays after the international break - especially with long travels for Alisson, Alexis, Lucho, Salah and Endo - not sure if that is a good idea.

Maybe it was a one off. Maybe not and players might adapt to it (which I doubt).

1 Like

We did not look tired. Just terrible final ball, final touch. Plenty of chances to create chances. Slack. Not clinical.

1 Like

Grumpy Old Git?

You canā€™t solve problems when the players canā€™t pass to a player 5 yards away.

On the game only Gravy and Macca of the out field players came away with any credit.

Mo had a nightmare, Szob was worse,Trent too many hollywood balls, Jota did he play and Diaz is still in Ainaā€™s pocket.

Just a bad game from too many individualā€™s and no coaching can help that.

4 Likes

That

Yes we did look tired. Physically not up there and not being able to put a pass together is another sign for that.

1 Like

4 games in and apparently we are tiredā€¦:roll_eyes:

You can just literally have a bad day. It happens.

2 Likes

7 of todays starters played 90 minutes twice during the international break. 4 of them travelled outside of Europe.

And did you read my post? Training after the break started on Thursday already instead of Friday.

Exactly. He may well not fancy Nunez. But Slot has picked an XI to start the season heavily influenced by how long he had the players in pre-season (possibly reflecting how well they had picked up the message by the time of the Ipswich game) and other than Quansah has given those players the overwhelming majority of minutes. Once he starts rotating more weā€™ll then have a bit more a sense of it.

2 Likes

A take Iā€™ve considered, and one that gives me hope that Slot didnā€™t fail to understand what was going on.

1 Like

First 3 games we looked a team. Everyone playing off each in harmony - even more so than under Klopp. A week apart for an internal break and today we looked like a bunch of players who had never met, much less played together before. Especially the front 5 who seems to be a foot off on every final ball into the box.

Frustrated beyond belief, but expect us to bounce back and continue to challenge at the top this year.

3 Likes