Post match: Liverpool v Notts Forest (EPL 22/4/23 3pm)

Good result.

IN this new system, Konate at times will get overloaded. Being a goal up and only a few minutes to go, the pragmatic solution would be to go to a standard back four, especially as Forest ended the game with 5 attackers and looking to go two on one with Konate.

I thought Milner would’ve been tasked to drop back there but we left it open.

1 Like

Our defence is a shambles from starting from the leaders.

2 Likes

And then he looks at Nunez like it’s his fault :rofl:

4 Likes

exactly our very useless captain , never rated runs a lot and definitely not intelligently but obviously as per klopp reasoning a speaks perfect English and hence qualifies to start

Hendo does not start for Liverpool because he speaks English. Don’t be fucking soft.

6 Likes

Anyway, came across a Forest side who are fighting for survival, ground out a win, and take three points.

Will take another seven of those. Just not sure my heart will.

3 Likes

I thought Milner was coming on to play Right Back as well.

Hendo should have done his own job first then holler at someone else to do their job. By the way, if we can see this, the analytics and coaching staff would have seen this over and over again to see if this could be coached out of Hendo if possible.

2 Likes

Looking at the clip again, why the fuck is Hendo joining the clusterfuck at the near post?

2 Likes

Put ya hands up Jordan…admit ya fault…

Between Diaz, Nunez, Thiago and Elliott, Liverpool are spoiled for choice off the bench today. I just don’t understand why we are seeing Henderson where we are seeing Henderson.

Important 3 points against an opponent who created us all sorts of troubles in the 2nd half of the match.

Definitely not impressed with our defensive display. Konate was once again really poor /he made two big mistakes vs. Leeds, one of them lead to Sinsistera’s goal/, totally lost the battle vs. Taiwo. VvD was also not very solid and assured, but at least he was e real treat offensively.

Robbo was decent, will claim an assist for Jota’s second goal. TAA - mcuh better in his new position, but Forrest constantly man marked him /Danilo/ and he did not have the same impact as vs. Leeds.

The performance of our midfielders, bar Fabinho, was disappointing. And I rarely criticize Klopp, but today he made a huge mistake, when he substituted Gakpo and Fabinho for Nunez and Thiago. From that moment we lost the center and Forrest created too many chances. Thiago especially was really poor, his passing was awful and was too slow and soft. He was introduced to calm down the game and help us move the ball better, but nothing of that happened.

Hendo /not sure, but think that Jordan was the man to mark Gibbs-White for their 2nd goal too/ and Jones did not impress me too. Worked a lot, counter press was very good for the first 45 minutes, but no final product. They could not find a way to unlock Forrest’s defence. We scored from set pieces, Robbo and Trent were once again assisting. Midfield is a huge problem for us this season. At least I am glad that Fab is back to some type of decent form and today he was not booked.

Jota - MoM for me. Top player, we really missed him. Same is valid for Diaz too. Salah is also benefitting from the changes Klopp implemented and especially Trent’s new position.

Next game will be really difficult and we need to improve defending set pieces, because Moyes will try to exploit the weaknesses we showed today.

1 Like

really happy for tiwo and williams… seem to be carving out decent playing careers

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Konate struggle so much physically, Awoniyi really manhandled him. Van Dijk not much better and defending in general was ludicrously bad in the second half. Good job that Forest was even worse at set pieces.

On the other hand, the floodgates seem to have opened for Jota, Salah will score no matter what and TAA’s run in his new position continues to reap benefits. All in all, good result but the defensive shambles leaves no room for optimism.

3 Likes

You are obsessed with Henderson.:woozy_face::woozy_face:

He got suckered into playing a physical game and against someone who played it like someone with far more experience than Awoniyi has. There were at least a couple of occasions that Awoniyi was so commited to backing in and creating contact that had Konate just taken a step back the forward would have fallen over with no one there to hold him up. Instead, because he is us used to winning his personal battles, Konate chose to fight them and invariably gave away free kicks as once he engaged and the forward went down, the ref was going to give the foul.

3 Likes

Nope, my twitter feed happened to have that clip and I was horrified to see that upon repeated viewing of that clip.

The way of how easy Forest got the second balls in the box despite we knowing what they will do should be cause for alarm as such plays are basic in nature. Knowing what to do with a Huge target man in the box flicking the ball on is a textbook defensive set-piece taught in u21 or even u16 levels for the midfield and the defenders. If we failed to do that for so many times in a match, there are some huge problems with either the players or the training sessions or even both.

To be fair it wasn’t just Konate who defended without nous. The most disappointing aspect was our failure as a team to adapt to what they were doing at throw-ins.

Hope Steve Cooper survives at Forest, and that mass of players he had to sign at the beginning of the season, start to gel for him, if not this season, then definitely next…

1 Like