Post match: Liverpool v Porto (UCL 24/11/2021 8pm)

Carrick’s lads to do the Chavs 0-3 at Stamford Bridge, after we smack Soton.

2 Likes

What’s a sparrow’s farm ?

To be honest Porto had one chance the rest were half chances, highlighted by BT showing Konate shepherding out the ball as a chance.

2 Likes

What a goal :clap:

Did well considering we are through.
I think a few of the lads played like it so wasn’t at 100%
I’m still worried by Konate as he ball watches and gets dragged out of position rather than defending the situation. His booking comes near the corner flag. He shouldn’t be there. His young and raw so hopefully we will coach that out of him.
Thiagos goal was lovely and I think we saw why CL suits him better than the PL as he gets that bit more time on the ball.

Porto only have 2 defeats in last 30 odd games….both to us.
Not sure how they haven’t lost more with that keeper though.

All in all a nice win with no new injuries.

Will Matip start 3rd game in 7 days Sat?
Ox slowly getting better with a run in the team.

1 Like

Are you sure that wasn’t Martin Tyler, moonlighting?

1 Like

I mean how the fuck do you even make a ball do that!! Even cricketers are jealous and they manipulate the ball with their hand!!

1 Like

The ball being ever so lightweight makes that travel and velocity almost impossible

Should have said ‘Sparrow’s Fart’. Bloody autocorrect. Thanks for taking the time to read it. :+1::wink::nerd_face:

3 Likes

Captain Tsubasa Football GIF by Andres Moncayo

2 Likes

For a “dead rubber” match I thought we used the game time very well. MotM to Thiago but I also thought Morton was very impressive. We managed to get some useful game time to players either on the fringe or recovering from injury and even Milner was able to get his remaining yellow card out of the way without risking injury to anyone.

Overall I was very happy with both the game and the result.

9 Likes

So that’s what that was all about

1 Like

ha ha … I still had to google it to find out what it was ! You learn something new every day. :smiley:

Great to see Milner back. Together with Hendo, Fab, Thiago, Ox and Morton we have 6 fit midfielders to choose from. Hopefully Keita and Jones are not too far off from a return.

4 Likes

Yeah, that really cleared things up… :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

It means very early in the morning. Like ‘up with the lark’. Something to do with birds being early risers and singing before it gets light. :nerd_face:

1 Like

You’ll get your coat…

2 Likes

MOTM.

4 Likes

Those 1st 6 minutes, seemed like ages. We were so disorganised. Just sitting there repeating come on for what seemed like 30 minutes then looking at the clock and seeing just 5 minutes had gone by was hard to take. All through the 1st half we keep slipping back into that mode for moments. There was a lack of communication and organisation. I was ready for that due to the defensive changes but thought the forwards might have been able to keep something together. It was wierd as some of our touches were real quality however there was no direction.
Still a comfortable win in the end as porto couldn’t hit a barn door.

3 Likes