Post match: Liverpool v Rangers (UCL 4/10/22 8pm)

Man of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER ARNOLD
  • Joel MATIP
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Kostas TSIMIKAS
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • Thiago ALCANTARA
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Luis DIAZ
  • Darwin NUNEZ
  • FABINHO
  • Roberto FIRMINO
  • Harvey ELLIOTT
  • James MILNER
  • Joe GOMEZ

0 voters

Unused subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Konate, Ramsay, Carvalho, Bajcetic, Phillips.

:arrows_counterclockwise: 69’ FABINHO :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Jordan HENDERSON

:arrows_counterclockwise: 69’ Roberto FIRMINO :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Diogo JOTA

:arrows_counterclockwise: 80’ Harvey ELLIOTT :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Darwin NUNEZ

:arrows_counterclockwise: 80’ James MILNER :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Thiago ALCANTARA

:arrows_counterclockwise: 90+3’ Joe GOMEZ :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Trent ALEXANDER ARNOLD

:soccer: 7’ Trent ALEXANDER ARNOLD (FK)

:soccer: 53’ Mohamed SALAH (PEN)

9 Likes

Overall a very good game with lots of positive signs

4 Likes

A win over a very poor side, our problems are far from over.

Nice bit of training for confidence, could/should have been more goals.
No idea what Rangers tried to do there, but ok, we’ll take it.

4 Likes

I was getting greedy wanting a 3rd. Have to take this in the context of recent displays and take the clean sheet and the three points and be happy with that.

2 Likes

Win, clean sheet, could have scored more. We will take all the confidence we can get right now!

6 Likes

Looked a lot more solid in the 4231 formation.

8 Likes

Great result. Need to be more clinical but I’ll be happy if we are in the next few ones even if we weren’t here. Weren’t tested enough and Alisson had it as easy as it could have got, but positive signs on the attacking end surely. Build on this, do the basics right and get a few wins to build the momentum. Onwards and upwards.

3 Likes

Nunez had a good game and should have scored a couple, Tsimikas and Henderson also had very good games, good performance all round and deserved victory. Same next week in Scotland redmen, onwards and upwards. :clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

Convincing but not comfortable.

Or the other way around. :grinning:

3 Likes

The encouraging thing is not just that we’ve beaten what’s in front of us, poor or not, it’s what we saw in terms of approach. Started well, with intensity and early chances, which is what we have been missing, as well as an early goal. Henderson playing smart, a totally different Trent when he does.
Also you could feel how important it was for the players to not concede.
Nunez showing what he can bring to our game, and hopefully he’ll open his account soon.
As a negative is no goal from open play, which is strange with so many forwards and chances, and which I feel was the problem that denied us the PL and the CL last season.
But I need to keep the positives, so hope we can build on this performance.

6 Likes

Disagree. Rangers were in no position to score at any time but the 85th minute and that was the only scare. And even if they scored I don’t see them scoring two against us. Even this off-colour version of us. Says more about the Rangers’ level than us

1 Like

A comfortable win shape looked good, in control and created some good chances could easily have been 4 or 5

3 Likes

Luis and Joël were the key players. Tsimikas and Trent the most improved. Nuñez tried way harder than I expected. Expectations will follow him for some time though before being fulfilled I fear.

2 Likes

I thought Darwin was very good tonight he made great runs and coukd have scored 2 or 3 . Well played klopp he changed the system and it looks solid and promising although he couldn’t help himself and still played harvey and millner and we were lucky not to be 2_1 or 2_2 . Why bring mello and play millner how bad is this mello?

2 Likes