Post Match: Liverpool v Real Madrid (UCL 14/4/21 8pm)

Stop being silly. The midfield was really good and did absolutely everything Jurgen will have asked of them. If you absolutely must look for scapegoats, look and the forward line.

3 Likes

My worry is we sell the best of them, Salah might have missed some chances but he’s carried the attack this season… Mane and Bobby the main problems.

2 Likes

Milner boss the midfield. If he started the first leg it will been a different outcome. Gini did good tonight apart from missing a good chance.

1 Like

This whole season has been an absolute train crash for us. Can’t wait to see the back of it.

Edit: just seen that VAR and the ref gave Man Cheaty the tie against Dortmund with an invented penalty. Three oil-clubs in the CL semis… that tells the whole story of the season in itself.

7 Likes

Too much to do, gave it a fight for 60 but poor finishing was our downfall, didn’t expect much after the first leg so glad we showed we were as good as them.

4 Likes

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

If we had actually put away the many chances that we created in the first half we would have been home and dry but it just petered out. Story of this season really.

4 Likes

I know. Just wanted to something to get things off my chest. It’s been a draining 90 mins.

1 Like

Mane has lost his spark, but today he was really good in the build up and linking phase. HIs performance went down when he was moved to his, maybe favoured, right side.

As for Bobby, led the line by initiating the press and covered the lanes to the midfield combo of Kroos and Modric. But on the ball he was poor.

3 Likes

Yeah, I get the perspective, but until he missed that chance on about 70 minutes I hadn’t noticed him do anything in the second half. Bobby and Mane’s mistakes were visible, yet it was the work between the lines they did that contributed to the platform we had that should have won us the game.

Whatever we do this summer, someone is going to have to earn their money. Even if that means going again with the same group. Im glad I dont have to the make that decision.

2 Likes

Isn’t finding the net the whole point? Not doing that pretty much so nullified everything else no matter how brilliant people say they played. Bottom line, no goals, no glory!

3 Likes

Like most of this season we were slow and predictable and toothless up top.
Subs made us worse.
7 more tedious games to go then we can forget about this clusterfuck of a season.

3 Likes

Fuck this season, fuck covid, fuck no crowds, fuck spirit sapping sky sports super fucking sunday with no emotion.

Proud of the lads tonight, it was a decent effort, I didn’t expect to go through, and I certainly didn’t think we’d be given so many chances, but it kind of sums up 20/21, a shit storm. Draw a line under it, it is done.

9 Likes

We can only hope that the fans will be back in force until then. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Thinking back this is exactly like Madrid last season, played really well didn’t get the result… we’ve been dogshit since that game.

2 Likes

Watching Michael Owen analysing and considering googling crossbows.

1 Like

The only thing Wijnaldum Is good for these days is delaying the game what is great when you are in front but not when you have to score.

1 Like

I just don’t accept this mentality. We’ve all watched Milner and Gini for years now. Excellent teammates. Hardworking. Add some spine. But very limited, and good teams know they don’t have to worry about them in the final third, which puts tremendous pressure on the front three to create their own goalscoring opportunities.

Perhaps if they got some help from the number 8s, that would have made a difference.

It’s a lazy excuse that will be used by some to overlook some possibly real problems, but it was notable that by about 70 mins we started wilting. With as on top in the game as we were at that point, I don’t see how the game peters out in the same way with a full stadium.

1 Like

Didn’t expect much else to be honest.

Too many mentions of the Barca game but the was one big difference that night, the fans.

Not enough belief in the final third yet again, as has been the case since the most clinical game I’ve ever seen a Liverpool side play (Palace).

Better, but not enough. Credit to Trent and Milner.

4 Likes

I know the feeling, I had to turn it off before the telly went out the window

2 Likes