Post match: Liverpool v Real Madrid (UCL FINAL 28/5/22 8pm)

It’s our kryptonite, used to be against the shit teams and they’d not score their chances… Now good teams just let us have the ball and we don’t do enough with it.

2 Likes

Not much sign of the monsters in this match unfortunately.

2 Likes

We feel short. 60 odd games has undone us
3 finals…zero goals. Too many games

2 Likes
3 Likes

Just one of the matches. No point overanalyzing this.

We weren’t good enough in front of goal… That’s it. No knee jerking reactions from me on whether Keita needs to be sold etc etc.

3 Likes

Yeah absolutely we were tired. Shows why the ‘quadruple’ is not a realistic thing. Next season I hope we fuck off the cups again and focus on winning the league and the CL knock out stages.

4 Likes

Needed to score when we where on top.

Felt like the long season caught up with the players in the second half.

1 Like

We struggle to score in finals fact.
9 attempts on target and nothing, real 1 attempt and score.
I don’t know who to pick for man of the match. I suppose two trophies from 4 is excellent but feel deflated after last week and tonight.

3 Likes

Part of what I was afaid of happened, TAA vs Vinícius Júnior, Mané and the distraction was invincible, Thiago could play but poorly. The season was a month too long.

MotM was Konaté

1 Like

I called it in the tunnel that the players looked ‘extra’ nervous (sure its a fucking CL, the biggest game in the calendar) but I think that combined with tiredness and perhaps a slower newly laid pitch definitely took the edge off our attacking - we couldn’t find enough space to get in behind and take courtois out of it.

Yeah, if we are relying only on Thiago as our playmaking midfielder and he doesnt play well, we need more options. Harvey might be that player or even Fabio.

3 Likes

Looking back was it not gonna happen. Felt we went through a media circus. Revenge etc. best player in the world etc.

Don’t recall much being said with Madrid but then again British media and that. Then the fans situation and delay.

1 Like

63rd match of the season for us, 57th for them. Their last ones being glorified training sessions, whilst ours were literally finals.

We just weren’t at the required mental and physical state and it has been evident for a while. We gave absolutely everything, we just couldn’t get past Courtois who played the game of his life.

We’ll come back next season, even stronger.

11 Likes

That defending from Trent for the goal. Could see him a mile off happening. Look over ur shoulder ffs

5 Likes

Felt Bobby should have started and maybe Diaz on for the impact sub.

We needed his little flicks and passes to unlock some space in that Madrid defence.

3 Likes

The over analysis will now play out.

Waste of time. We dusted em.

The GK just had an incredible heroic night.

4 Likes

I’m not sure why all the hand-wringing.

Simple facts, as @RedArmada said. Looking at the xG for both teams, and how the match panned out, you can only conclude that Real were sharper than us. We did all the hard work, got many things right, but usually when it came to getting the finish in, we were just off. Passing just off. Offside trap on their goal just off.

It’s been a long season for us, and I think we did well. Just ran out of anything in the tank at the end, really.

Oh and referee was a dick. Nothing compared to the absolute shitshow that is UEFA however.

2 Likes

I think the idea was that we were trying to play him offside, but we just didn’t manage to get it done.

1 Like

Unbelievable how we lost that. Missed opportunity. Painful.

Missed the little bit of Big Div magic. Will have different kind of magic next time around.

1 Like