Post match: Liverpool v Real Madrid (UCL FINAL 28/5/22 8pm)

Didn’t he come up from behind Trent and Trent let it go past him? Like was never offside just ran up with ease

Feeling gutted but overall a great season, we looked tired in midfield and our finishing was below our standards.

1 Like

We need one or two new midfielders. No push from midfield. Also this is what happens when you go for the quadruple. No energy at the end

2 Likes

The goal ruled out for offside?

The post and Courtois saved Madrid. On any other day, we win that by 3 or 4 goals. They got lucky.

4 Likes

much work to be done this off season… we set in defense, need someone to challenge TAA, spend rest of the money in midfield and upfront

2 Likes

I’m not gonna lose much sleep over this because if you look at it we’ve had an absolutely monstrous season losing only 4 games from 63…fucking 4.

This group of players have given everything and we’ve fallen short of the quadruple right at the very last hurdles so,so be it.

One minor grudge, Definitely think a few players need to look at themselves preseason especially Trent, I think the hype has gone to his head a little, he’s not doing the simple things he used to do so well, and he’s constantly having a moan to the ref. Just get your head down lad

6 Likes

thats all u need @WooltonRed

Lamptey perhaps?

1 Like

We played well but just ran into a brick wall called Courtois.

2 Likes

I’m despondent at the moment, but I just wanted to say what I put in the match thread, we didn’t get played off the pitch tonight. We were the better side, IMO, it’s just a game of inches. The scoreline belies the story of how tonight really went.

But…We go again, this one will sting for a time.

12 Likes

3 quick points to make.

Proud of the boys.

Congratulations Madrid.

Well played Courtois, hope you get jacked off nicely by your other 10 team mates.

The referee was a dick, but if we go on with that narrative or UEFA corruption, we will look like sore losers.

Yes we were tired, but they handled the pressure of the final better by taking the chance they had.

Success is only measured by trophies and titles won, not superior stats in every game played.

1 Like

Courtois by far MOTM. Another day we win that by a good three goals. A combination of iffy finishing, plus a world class display from their goalie, saw them lift the trophy.

They beat PSG, Chelsea, Man City and then us in the final, so they did it the hard way. I’m choking over saying it, but credit where it’s due. They got it done and we didn’t.

Gutted, but still enormously proud of the reds.

7 Likes

well thank you to you all… one hell of a season… LETS DO IT AGAIN NEXT SEASON!!!

7 Likes

The last time we did a big game changing purchase in our defence and GK, it totally transformed us. FSG, please do the same for the midfield.

1 Like

For the goal, Trent did what was expected, to cover the centre as the defence is shifting across.

If there is an error, then it is more that he was a deeper than the defensive line. On another day, he would’ve been caught on his heels a little, and got the offside. But his desire in a way got Real to be onside.

2 Likes

Fuck, this one is going to hurt for a while…

3 Likes

or that scottish kid ramsey

To be fair, Real has the tough draw, much tougher than us.

1 Like