Post match: Liverpool v Real Madrid (UCL FINAL 28/5/22 8pm)

Don’t say it then.

2 Likes

We started our season magnificently but at the end of it, we just didn’t have the gas to finish it. We need a squad revamp. I trust Klopp to do the right thing.

1 Like

Gutted but not turning on the players like some in here have been doing already. Some real shit opinions floating round after the season these boys have delivered.

A different day, a different keeper and we go into half time with a comfortable lead and hold them arms length for the second half. We just couldn’t get past one man today and that’s the rub of it.

Anyone calling that poor, slagging off players performances or calling for people to be sold tonight can fuck right off into the bin as far as I’m concerned. Fucking proud of these boys and gutted for them to come away from this season without at least one of the big two.

Not to be our day, but it will be again soon.

11 Likes

I am so proud of our Redmen. We were pushed to the limit in all four competitions. They human, their bodies can take so much. Real Madrid had a good rest compared to our boys.

At least it didn’t go to penalties.

3 Likes

Ferdinand wanking over Madrid :face_vomiting:

Ignoring the fact we were miles better than them.

3 Likes

i reserve my slaggin off for during the match… after the match its done, no need for it especially after the season we have had…

3 Likes
4 Likes

Chin up sisters and brothers, we live and die with Klopp. Liverpool style is to walk the ball into the net, it works most of the times. What an amazing season. YNWA

5 Likes

At the end of the game he gives us the free kick. And then takes a look at his watch and blows the whistle. He should’ve at least let the free kick play out before blowing up ffs.

Totally gutted.

Trent had a mare I have to say. Not just his defending for the goal, but his all round play too, have to be honest.

1 Like

We just need a break. Coming off the COVID squashed season, into an international football summer and then playing 64 games this season is absolutely brutal.

3 Likes

We were not. Could have played another hour without scoring.

2 Likes

That game was there to be won. Hard to take. Frustrating to say the least.

1 Like

Ha, it’s the right thing to say. They did it the hard way with the teams they got through.

Better finishing and Courtois not having the game if his life and it would have been different, but it wasn’t to be.

The ref wasn’t great and let Kroos dive around, and also let them waste 3 of the 5 mins added. Lots to pick over but they got it done and we didn’t. Still proud of our boys.

3 Likes

Has Sadio made his special announcement yet?

5.7 ?

Those stats say it all really - no need to overreact.

2 Likes

Shame that. Beaten by a smarter side that had a defence that played out of their skins. Credit to them.

Konate was awesome for us. Our forward line not so much.

Oh yeh, I forgot about that. What’s the special announcement Sadio?

As said before, Real are street smart and know how to play the ref. Knowing when to make a foul in first 30 mins knowing the ref will play on or not give a yellow. Knowing how to go down with a fake injury to disrupt the rythm. Knowing how to waste time get a breather. Knowing they can kick the ball away to allow them to get in position.

Under Houllier, we would sit back many times, soak up the pressure then hit on the counter. That’s what Ancelloti (who Rio is sallivating over) did. His game plan worked out.

All the cockroaches will come out the sewers now. But it’s not gonna change anything. Was a great season…

There’ll be lots of finger pointing at Trent, but don’t know that you can say he was ball watching, given that sequence of play.

It’s an easy explanation….

We need to review our involvement in the domestic cups.

4 Likes