Post Match: Liverpool v Sheffield Utd (EPL 24/10/20 8pm)

Christ Al-fucking-mighty.

He had every right to take that shot.

Shoulda fucking sunk it, to be perfectly frank.

5 Likes

Positives on the day:

Alisson back earlier than expected!
Gomez excellent
Fabinho-Gomez with what should’ve been their 2nd clean sheet in a row, and look like they have potential to form a really effective partnership
Robbo continuing his excellent start to the season
Trent, who’s been off for me so far, looked like he’s starting to round into better form
Hendo immense in the middle (can’t wait to see him pairing with Thiago)
Jota fitting in seamlessly, and an excellent goal
Bobby, who like Trent has been off, also seems to be starting to regain form
Taki solid again, hope he starts in the mid-week
Salah so unlucky to have the goal chalked off (it was a few inches offside, so the one big call that VAR got right today)
Mane his usual dangerous self, and excellent assist

3 more points, while most of the “big 6” continue to drop points

2 Likes

Gini might not have been flash but I don’t think you can say he was half arsed.

5 Likes

Why? I don’t have a problem.

3 points is all that really matters but I would go for Jota as MotM: Lovely header for the winner and he looks like a real asset.

Also credit for Alisson back between the sticks and I thought Gomez was looking more composed.

Another negative point for VAR. Does everyone get the same coverage because on the German TV the penalty was clearly out of the box and looked like a clean tackle.

2 Likes

How’s that going to help the agenda of Salah Mane rift?

2 Likes

They are fucking seething on the Caf btw.

Seething. It is glorious.

But who the fuck are these Liverpool fans posting on there and engaging with them??

9 Likes

What?
We were shit thankfully we won!
Dominated by SU at Anfield. :cry:
Tactically we were rubbish they came at us through the axe and we had no answer except rely on how rubbish their forwards are.

But apart from that, we did ok, yeh?

5 Likes

We won! :smiley:

I was too busy enjoying my cognac to keep hitting refresh.

2 Likes

They are just honest mistakes… nothing to see.

If it was happening consistently, week on week, then maybe you have…oh…

2 Likes

Wouldn’t the Robbo handball have been given last season. It looked a much better shout than the one they got…

I think I was supposed to reply to someone else, who asked if it was offsides.

1 Like

awesome 3 points

1 Like

Ha ha! We’re second (behind Everton, so that’s really first) we had 62% possession, 17/13 shots, 5/2 shots on target, 7/3 corners. That looks like a 2-1 win, and guess what…
This season is weird. It’s just about collecting points.
Jota is great. I hope that knock wasn’t serious.

2 Likes

Exactly all media wanted one outcome from tonight that was the defence to be all over the place that didn’t happen so this is the fall back position.

3 Likes

Christ, I’m hardly a conspiracy theorist, but I’m starting to believe there is a bit of an agenda going on now. Like, Liverpool won the league at a canter and made everyone else look shit. That’s not good for the ‘product’. We need to stop that…

Just watched the Pen shout again, and it’s just not a fucking penalty. On two counts. Then Mane gets bundled over in the box and Mike Dean just waves it on.

15 Likes

Props lads for alexander-arnold nearly pulling off an Alonzo. JOTA fitting like a glove, firmino back at it,
Looks like the penalty situations evened themselves out at the end.

You wouldn’t think that our attack could be improved by signing any one player not named Mbappe, Messi or Ronaldo going into the offseason.

Then our guys went out and did just that by grabbing Jota.

2 Likes