Post match: Liverpool v Sheffield Utd (EPL 4/4/24 7.30pm)

Player of the match
  • Caohimin KELLEHER
  • Conor BRADLEY
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Alexis MAC ALLISTER
  • Ryan GRAVENBERCH
  • Dominic SZOBOSZLAI
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Darwin NUNEZ
  • Luis DIAZ
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • Harvey ELLIOTT
  • Cody GAKPO
  • Curtis JONES
0 voters

Unused subs: Adrian, Tsimikas, Clark, Danns, Quansah

:arrows_counterclockwise: 60’ Harvey ELLIOTT :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Mohamed SALAH

:arrows_counterclockwise: 60’ Andrew ROBERTSON :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Ryan GRAVENBERCH

:arrows_counterclockwise: 73’ Curtis JONES :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Dominic SZOBOSZLAI

:arrows_counterclockwise: 73’ Cody GAKPO :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Joe GOMEZ

:arrows_counterclockwise: xx’ xxxxxxxxxxxx :arrow_right: :arrow_left: xxxxxxxxxxxx

:soccer: 17’ Darwin NUÑEZ
:soccer: 77’ Alexis MAC ALLISTER (:rightwards_hand: Luis DIAZ)
:soccer: 90’ Cody GAKPO (:rightwards_hand: Andrew ROBERTSON)

Job done. Move on.

7 Likes

3 points, but unnecessarily nervy ! Good practice for the Man Utd and Everton games. Will both sit in and play similar boring dross and hope to capitalise on an error. Please dont start the Man Utd game like we did this one.

5 Likes

Never in doubt.

Mac easily man of the match, with excellent contributions from several others, especially the subs. That makes 49 goal involvements (24 goals and 25 assists) from our subs this season, miles ahead of anyone else in Europe (Atletico Madrid are second, with 32).

Good to see Jones back, too.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: only the refs will prevent us from winning the league this season.

7 Likes

11 Likes

Not the best performance, we missed Endo tonight but at this stage grinding out the 3 points is all that matters.

Mac in 2024 is showing why he is a world cup winner.

11 Likes

Alexis MotM again. His making this a habit.

Typical Andy Robertson performance after coming on.

• Energy

• Making those runs down the left where he just somehow keeps on going

• Digging out quality crosses where other players would struggle to even get a good contact in the ball

• always being available and making runs

• getting an assist with a smart cross

• and of course, the obligatory Row Z finish when a good chance presents itself

Welcome back Andy

11 Likes

Could start and end the player of the year poll right now……Macca come on down….

5 Likes

Not an overstatement that the substitutes won us the game with their added intensity and urgency. We were always on top but the substitutes gave us the little more to edge us over the line

4 Likes

Mac the knife

14 Likes

And @Iftikhar wanted Caicedo instead, if I recall correctly

2 Likes

well, that wasn´t stressful at all :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I want to have MacAllister’s babies, and that’s not even biologically possible.

1 Like

Mac could be an all timer for us. He’s gone from needing time to adapt to settling into our style to dominating whole matches on his own.

Oh, and Uruguayan Andy Carroll/notorious flop Darwin Nunez now has 18 goals and 30 G/A for the season. What a flop etc etc.

On to the Sunday cup final! If we smash that, I think I’ll start to believe.

3 Likes

@cynicaloldgit, comments?

2 Likes

Happy days! Once again, the lads find a way against stubborn and at times nasty opposition. MoM for me is between Mac for his dream goal and general contribution, and Kelleher, who kept us in the game when needed. I gave my third vote to Cody because of the relief which came with his goal. :joy: Also, he was part of Klopp’s solution to turn the game when the wheels were starting to fall off. His introduction, alongside Elliot’s and Curtis’, was crucial.

We return to the top of the league. Yeaaahhh!!!

10 Likes

It’s great to see our returning midfielders, now we have the option to rest tired legs and add intensity for the finish to games and also having our forwards returning will help with the run in massively

3 Likes