Post match: Liverpool v Sheffield Utd (EPL 4/4/24 7.30pm)

Bloody hell! I knew Sheffield Utd didn’t come to roll over, what a roller coaster of a game.

All i care is the 3 points in the bag. We still have a long way to go with a few hurdles to get through.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1775987267032527217

7 Likes

4 Likes

https://x.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1775978621506572509?t=ObKVtQA0h43MmqUFiKNBOQ&s=09

I love the goal commentary on Macca’s goal, even though I have no clue what he’s saying, which languageis it? Portuguese? Can feel he’s saying its a spectacular goal!

:joy: :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

The game-
Total domination but just missing the final pass/finish. Subs made the difference. MacAllister is just a beautiful human being.

The atmosphere-
Far better outside the ground than inside. Taggy’s was bouncing with live music from 3 hours before the game. Upper Annie seems to be the main hub for singing now. Looked great there. Kop was decent. Atmosphere in main stand where I was was non existent. People around me looking annoyed anytime I was singing or shouting. Seem to go to the game just to moan. No cheering or clapping. Just moaning at our guys for 90mins. No wonder Klopp gets pissed with them. Give your fucking tickets up to fans who are desperate to support the team!

14 Likes

Photos…

1 Like

How was the atmosphere, when Macca scored that beauty of a goal?

It has to be a contender for goal of the season.

3 Likes

It’s Arabic. I remember the same commentator saying the same poh-poh-poh-poh-golllllll for Firmino’s winner in CWC Final a few years ago. Goosebumps…

3 Likes

Really good to see the subs contribute after coming on and really good to see Jones back without much it seems Ill effect in his form.

Maca again motm and should have had two as his free kick was going in I feel without the deflection.

Perhaps one eye on the game on Sunday and felt the game won at 1-0 but never the case anyhow won and just 8 more league wins to go.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Couldn’t watch tonight as been having a beer with mate who’s getting married on Saturday ( :rofl:) Gonna try and find highlights when I get in. Mac Allister though eh?

4 Likes
4 Likes

This showed how important it is to get Endo back for Sunday to free Macca up. Glad to see Gakpo back amongst the goals

5 Likes

22:25

‘Mac Allister is insane, what a player’

FT: Liverpool 3-1 Sheffield United

Liverpool

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp speaking to the BBC: "We had to dig very deep, but that is normal. Our attitude was good, the football was not great in a lot of moments.

“We saw how quick passes can change the game after 60 minutes, Robertson down the line, bam bam bam. Then Macca’s goal [Alexis Mac Allister] was the complete game changer, and it’s a wonderful goal for 3-1 as well. The first goal, Darwin does it by himself.”

On Sheffield United: “They could have scored after 20 seconds, Caoimhin [Kelleher] makes a great save. Sheffield United played how they wanted for 90 minutes. It is difficult, but we could do better, and we did to get the win.”

On Alexis Mac Allister: “He is a really good player, in the first half he was playing six but we knew we could move him slightly higher. Then he scores this kind of goal, the two biggest screamers of the season have come from him. Then the free-kick directly after - absolutely insane, what a player.”

On playing after Man City and Arsenal: “I am happy we play on Sunday, we cannot change that. I don’t see the problem. The game we played tonight was nothing to do with yesterday, and Sunday will be nothing to do with the other results.”

5 Likes

Two gentlemen esquires

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1776000583859589444

14 Likes

I wondered if that was what Wilder said to Klopp after full time as they engaged in a bit of a conversation

2 Likes
5 Likes

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1776006329515086289

13 Likes

Klopp: Nunez’s block goal one of my favourite ever

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp: "We scored one of my favourite goals ever for 1-0. A striker from time to time needs that kind of thing. I ask [Nunez] quite a lot to press the opponent and it’s pretty rare you get close enough to get this kind of block.

"We controlled the game but there are different ways to control again and today was not the right one. Not enough creating. I don’t expect we have chance after chance after chance but you have to accelerate, speed up, underlap and overlap, and that’s what we did [after 60 minutes].

“The game was a difficult one to get rhythm but we should have had a better rhythm than we had. In the end, all good. Probably all the other games are now different, especially the next one.”

told you all, this would be klopps favourite goal

10 Likes