Post match: Liverpool v Sheffield Utd (EPL 4/4/24 7.30pm)

Just what I said during and after the game, but that is what we all think anyway

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/live/1nBgnRaRQH0?si=6bWmoHt2fupXPxKh

Klopp post match presser

1 Like

Heard some people compare to Gerrard v Olympiakos. Felt similar with the awful tension then an eruption of joy.

Macca has also been carrying the team Gerrard-like for last couple of months. I feel heā€™s moving from a great signing towards being a transformative signing, like Ali, Virg and Mo

8 Likes

I wouldnā€™t say he is carrying the team, I think thatā€™s unfair on all the other decent spells weā€™ve had.

8 Likes

Always felt weā€™d win that even at 1-1 with only 15 left. We were our own worst enemies again, too much sideways passing and trying to score ā€˜cuteā€™ goals - Dom the biggest culprit with several flicks and back-heels that didnā€™t come off.
It was screaming out for someone to put their foot through it from distance and luckily Alexis did just that. What a fucking player he is, to think we got him for a third of what Chelsea paid for that clogger - itā€™s criminal.
I see opposition players are still free to launch assaults on our lads when Attwell is present, especially when that other cheating cunt Kavanagh is VAR. Unbelievable, or maybe not.
Thought Gravenberch struggled again and heā€™d be 6th choice behind Curtis and Harvey for me. Gakpo looked more up for it than of late and took his goal well.
Weā€™ll have to improve if we want to win this fucker, not convincing at all tonight but the 3 points are what matters most.

4 Likes

Didnā€™t get on to it till 1-1, sitting thinking WTAF and Mac weighs in with that classic effort.
Felt a whole lot better then Gakpoā€™s icing on the cake.
Ref,best on ground for our opponents,.but we are pretty used to that.
8 to goā€¦no drama!

Piece of piss!

Jones is so good with the ball he didnt look like he missed even a single match.

Itā€™s ridiculous all the angst about Englandā€™s search for that 3rd quality midfielder to play with Rice and Jude and when Jones is so clearly that player and no one other than us even say his name.

7 Likes

I still feel like most fans of other clubs are completely unaware of Jonesā€™ existance.

4 Likes

Itā€™s better that way. Let him avoid injury playing meaningless friendlies in Azerbaijan etc.

7 Likes

Not a good game for about 60 minutes. Too slow, ponderous and lacklustre. Lately weā€™ve been struggling with the final pass/move but yesterday was worse.

After we conceded the freakish own goal, we started playing with more speed, found some rhythm and then Mac Allister stepped up with a rocket. What a signing heā€™s turning out to be.

Kloppā€™s subs, as usual, helped put the game to bed.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s just so much to say ā€¦ YES!!!

3 Likes

Summary.
Before the game I wanted a goal fest.
During the game, I ended up hoping for a one goal win.
At the end of the game I was just relieved to have won.
Ryan Gravenberch is the worst player of the Klopp era.

That is all, bring on the mancs

Was referring to the current spell

Worst than this guy?

1 Like

Yes

Come on Dane admit it, itā€™s a toss up! :rofl:

I notice Moses had another great game for Chelsea tonight. :rofl:

4 Likes

He isnā€™t even the worst midfielder.

I said to my lad after Gakpo scored, every Liverpool player will be delighted for him, apart from Ryan Gravenberch, who will have to deal with all the shit Cody has been getting.

3 Likes