Post match: Liverpool v Sheffield Utd (EPL 4/4/24 7.30pm)

So who’s worst Karius, Gravenberch or Gakpo?

Statistically hes not doing bad, it just proves football is played on grass not paper the eyes see what paper doesn’t show.

Off the top of my head Arthur Melo is the worst Midfielder in Klopp’s era and Grav has been nowhere near as useless as he was.

Players overall Ben Davies is another.

There will be loads worse, to pin him as the worst is Hyperbolic!!

He’s 22 FFS

2 Likes

Soft jelly or more accurately blancmange unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Took me a while that one, I think thats the first time I have ever seen it written :rofl:

Pointless even counting them. Like Manninger, Longergan and Caulker, they were never really Liverpool players. Karius on the other hand is probably 1 of the worst players in our history, nevermind the Klopp era.

He was getting a lot of grief from the stands last night. Shame to see. You’d think we’ve had enough successes with recent signings to have a bit of patience for young players who need more time to settle

7 Likes

Gravenberch has a big part to play this season seeing out games but no way should he be starting. He just looks a bad fit and has very little influence on games.

Visions of Kieta are coming back. I think I’ll go shopping before I start tearing my hair out.

There is a bright side. They look like blancmange because our other players have been raising the standard. We are a much better team than when Klopp came.

I just don’t see that he offers enough, either going forward or defensively.
He may come good in time, but I’m thinking not.

Not buying into the young and needs time logic either, he’d played around 100 games for Ajax and Bayern before coming here.
Young and needs time logic is for players like Quansah and Bradley, and they’ve contributed far more.

Flobollocks by a mile. One of the worst I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

That’s a bloody disgrace. We always prided ourselves on being better than other fans. We didn’t slag off our own players, we appreciated good play, even by the opposition, we were solidly behind the team.
That’s the Liverpool I fell in love with.

7 Likes

That might have been true however how Henderson was treated even on here did me in!
Free for all now!

I know it’s cool to kick Gakpo but I generally feel he has blown hot and cold.

We wouldn’t even be in Europe without last season and that would have probably hurt player recruitment

1 Like

Then just consider the difference a pre-season can make to a 22 year old player coming to a new higher level league and different style of play and intensity.
Then you may be willing to wait to see how he does next season before you judge?
I’ve just read it and then saw who I’m replying to and just can’t help but thinking “I’m just throwing eggs on the wall here”, which is a very strange local saying here…

1 Like

Mad that we kick any of our players really. 1 cup in the bag, top of the league ahead of two good teams, good chance of making a European final, lost just two league games and the only black mark on the season was an uncharacteristically poor performance in the FA Cup.

To top it all we’ve done it through an injury crisis, using players who started the season in the U18 squad. It’s arguably the deepest squad, in terms of usage and consistency, in PL history. Certainly will be if we win.

This is a squad to be celebrated, not picked at for imperfections.

13 Likes

It’s stupid, that’s what it is. Fans acting like petulant children. How many times have they written players off only for them to make them eat their words later. Take a look at what was said about Gomez last season for instance. You’d think that they’d be wiser by now.

Gravenberch may or may not come good but piling on when he’s struggling isn’t going to help.

6 Likes

You forgot to add that we have been playing the officials every week, as well as our opponents.

4 Likes

And once again I’m reminded why I usually steer clear of match threads :roll_eyes:

Superstitious Bollocks alert, @cynicaloldgit look away…
Oh wait…

1 Like