Post Match: Liverpool v Shrewsbury (FAC 9/1/22 2pm)

They’ve not been able to train properly for a week.

1 Like

A poor match and a lot of youngsters are not ready for this. Let’s hope a few of the COVID guys are back for the Arsenal game.

1 Like

It’s not normally a problem I have, but… sorry mate!

A predictably ugly game to watch with the two pricks on commentary not helping at all. Still too good for Shrewsbury. Scoreline a bit flattering but not going to complain about that, especially when the away end started singing about Gerrard.

Hopefully, Robertson’s ankle is fine.

1 Like

Yeah, good win in the end. Great to see Bobby back and as usual, after he scored he looked full of confidence and guile.

Gordon has some ways to go but is already a more than decent player, hope he keeps up this trajectory.

Fabinho, 2 goals and controlled the park (for the most part).

Thought Bradley had a good second half, grew into the game and had 1.5 assists (that cutback that ended up at Bobby’s feet).

I wasn’t too thrilled with the tempo or lack thereof, but not surprised by it — especially as the senior players we had on were recovering from COVID. Yeah, probably omicron but it’s still no joke and I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the cause of some of our players looking tired. That, and the long time between matches.

1 Like

Why the fuck are Shrewsbury fans singing about Gerrard? Just fuck off back to your farms.

5 Likes

Just a point on Twitter and Kelleher they got that seriously wrong. As he would still be isolation.

Might be worth waiting for the club in future.

Did not look good, some young fuck who wanted to make a name for himself, fuck that little shit.

3 Likes

Didn’t see anything particularly malicious in it tbh. Just one of those unfortunate things that happen on a footy pitch.

7 Likes

You asking people on twitter to wait to confirm news?!?

He’d only been on the pitch about a minute as well.

1 Like

No I’m asking people not to react like the world is ending to stuff they hear on Twitter.

Went for his ankle and got it.

4 Likes

Guess it’s Tsimkas for another month then.

Yeah, would like that too but what a world we live in eh?

1 Like

Youngsters looked very off the pace for the most part, morton grew into the game though. Good result. Good goals. Bring on the next round

Robertson needed to be hooked way before then. Wasn’t worth Klopp risking him after Bobby’s goal

1 Like

What was wrong with Kelleher today, normally I think he is doing just fine but today … must be one of those days.

Gordon gives me very strong Salah vibes, and Frauendorf looked more similar to Mané in terms of how they play. One more keen to run at defences and make fools of them before knocking it in, while the other more direct and just taking shots.

If you mean the youngsters who actually touched the ball in the second half yes I agree Jones and Morton got us nowhere.