Post Match: Liverpool v Shrewsbury (FAC 9/1/22 2pm)

Cardiff at home next round.

10 Likes

I only saw some of the first 30 minutes, we were very pedestrian. No accelerations at all. We even passed the ball into the back of the net. I thought it would be a long night. 4-1 not bad at all after seeing what I saw. :smiley:

Should be the first weekend in February so we will have the African players back although I would expect younger/fringe players to feature again.

1 Like

They won’t be that’s the weekend of the final (and 3rd place playoff :roll_eyes: )we might have one back but it’s unlikely all three will be.

2 Likes

come off iot Salah doesn’t pass the ball into the back of the net, he shoots lobs … but not pass, that’s Firminos thing!

Bobby’s back. Just in time. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My issue with Jones is that he always seems obsessed with close control of the ball and footwork, over and above using the more effective decision that benefits the team. Slows down the game way too much. I don’t think he had a terrible game, it was more like the level of game that I have become accustomed to, which is a shame.

Overall a good game considering the lineup. It’s nice to get competitive game time for promising youth players, without huge risk of being outplayed.

Glad we got another home game.

4 Likes

This. For all his talent , this is his great weakness. If he just moved the ball quicker he might become a regular starter for us.

2 Likes

Not if they play in the final/3rd place match, which Salah and Mane likely will. Hopefully Elliott is back for this one.

1 Like
7 Likes

Shay Given can piss off. Kelleher is doing just fine where he is!

5 Likes

For me Morton was our best player, really comfortable on the ball and moved it quicker than the others. Needs to become stronger and may lack pace, but there is a player there.

1 Like

Just m seen the video of the Shrewsbury fans walking though Liverpool singing ‘fuck the 96’.

Fucking weirdos, with their cut and paste songs and chants about lads who retired years ago.

6 Likes

9 of Liverpools starting 11 today were not even born the last time Everton won a trophy. :cry:

1 Like
12 Likes

Credit to the keeper.

2 Likes

Watched on my phone at Charlotte airport which isn’t ideal.
Jones and Minamino vying for the title of most frustrating.
Can’t complain much otherwise in the circumstances.

1 Like

Sick of hearing shit like this, it’s happening nearly every week now, and you hear very little about it in the news and media. Where’s the outrage?

3 Likes

Just fucking cowards, singing shit like that walking down a deserted street 3 miles from the ground.

As for the game job done, get past Cardiff and we should have a strong squad to choose from in round 5.
They only got at us once but as usual it ended up in the net.
Gordon showed great composure for his goal, passed it into the net, standout moment in an otherwise forgettable afternoon.

3 Likes

Faces on tv…name n shame…cancel any season tickets…

3 Likes