Post match: Liverpool v Southampton (EPL 12/11/22 3pm)

Man of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • FABINHO
  • Thiago ALCANTARA
  • Harvey ELLIOTT
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Roberto FIRMINO
  • Darwin NUNEZ
  • James MILNER
  • Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN
  • Fabio CARVALHO
  • Kostas TSIMIKAS
  • Nathaniel PHILLIPS

0 voters

Unused subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Bajcetic, Doak

:arrows_counterclockwise: 68’ James MILNER :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Harvey ELLIOTT

:arrows_counterclockwise: 75’ Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Roberto FIRMINO

:arrows_counterclockwise: 87’ Nathaniel PHILLIPS :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD

:arrows_counterclockwise: 87’ Kostas TSIMIKAS :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Andrew ROBERTSON

:arrows_counterclockwise: 87’ Fabio CARVALHO :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Darwin NUNEZ

:soccer: 6’ Roberto FIRMINO (assist Andrew ROBERTSON )

:soccer: 21’ Darwin NUNEZ (assist Harvey ELLIOTT)

:soccer: 42’ Darwin NUNEZ (Assist Andrew ROBERTSON)

1 Like

What a game, Nunez was unplayable.

7 Likes

Can’t believe we’ve lost to another relegation fodder team.

Klopp out.

Don’t defile the sanctity of the post match, or I’ll have you.

3 Likes

As per the wife, under no circumstances am I allowed to give Alisson MOTM. He is in timeout.

3 Likes

72 more points up for grabs.

We’ve got this.

11 Likes

Finally, a bit of normal service. Liverpool win comfortably. Everton lose uncomfortably.

13 Likes

Felt confident that post world cup we’ll come good. Nunez getting integrated in side and getting goals is huge. An injury free and rested squad post world cup and I have hope for top 4 and more.

5 Likes

I felt the same, even though Southampton had some good chances and Ali had to make some great saves i never felt in doubt we’d win this. Ali, Nunez and Thiago for motm for me.

5 Likes

Nunez clear MotM. Very good and deserved win :sunglasses: One could note that we do have defensive problems, but the break gives our management some time.
Let’s hope we spend the break well and that we are ready to rock when it is over :metal: :metal: :metal:

6 Likes

Very comfortable win, no injuries and lots of positivity going into the break. :clap::clap:

5 Likes

Good to get a solid win under our belts before 6 weeks off as that would have been a bit of a bummer.

Plus 4 wins in a row, hopefully a spring board post World Cup.

7 Likes

A good game for the neutral but a bit worrying how easily they made chances in the box. Three brilliant saves from Allison to win us the points. Two good goals from Nunez who had a good all round game. Good to get the three points before the break. Hope we can get some rest time now and come back the stronger and challenge for a top four place. Some strange results this season and still a lot of points to play for. Gave Ali my MOM for winning us the three points.

3 Likes

Three points, no injuries, comfortable win. I will take that all day every day.

Nunez really starting to find his feet here now, he’s a very dangerous player. I really liked the composure in the first time left foot finish. He is starting to knit it together with his teammates too, by doing some unglamorous and steady stuff, laying it off, that sort of thing. He has pace to burn, is great in the air, can shoot with either foot, but strangely I’m most happy with his mundane contributions too, as we haven’t seen much of that side. Anyway, we’ve got a player here.

As the World Cup break arrives we are not too far off top four. Ideally we’d have had six more points with wins against Leeds and Forest, when we would be right in the thick of it, but we never do things easily.

We’ve got a good group who will have a rest, a couple who will return from injury, and then fingers crossed for the players going to the World Cup.

Ideally with investment on board we get a top midfielder in January and go on a very good run after Christmas. Still loads to play for.

Up the reds!

13 Likes

Above the chavs in the table and 1 point behind the scum. :grinning:

2 Likes

this win makes up a bit for the games lost already. Here’s hoping the lads come back and continue with this winning attitude

1 Like

Nunez has shown to be very sharp indeed. Let’s hope he doesn’t gets injured in the world cup. As for Harvey, he should take this break to learn more from Thiago. Thiago and Firmino in this match shown the whole world what their countries are missing out. This additional break will be beneficial for him to rest his legs.

The not so good: Fabinho is still looking leggy.