Post match: Liverpool v Southampton (EPL 12/11/22 3pm)

MOM is Ali . Nunez did enough to have it but if we are honest Ali kept us in the match that we could have easily drawn or even lost
The midfield is fit for 45 min the defense is just poor . The way we defend the set piece is childish disorganised and weak . Southampton is a poor team and to give them thst number of chances is worrying today we take the 3 points nothing more

4 Likes

correct me please if I saw differently, but most of their attacks were targeting TAA’s side
but credit to the lads for winning the game as Saints were no pushover with their new manager

1 Like

Good game, good win. Nunez, Robertson the pick of the bunch but almost everyone played well. Inched closer to the top four (should have been closer had Spurs not got away with a blatant foul for their first goal) and we go to the break on a high.

On the flip side, did not like that Alisson had to be oustanding again to secure a win against a visibly weaker opponent, especially when there wasn’t an obvious weak link. Just some really poor team defending again which might have cost us on another day. At least Klopp and his staff will have time now to work on it. We might actually salvage something out of this season.

5 Likes

Several injuries just before game day again, difference is we won this time.

You could say we might have lost without Alisson but we could have been about 7-1 up before then.

It’s also obvious without Konate the back line looks suspect.

Difference with this and Forest/Leeds is we created really good chances and scored 3 to be honest.

7 Likes

3 goals, I might yet be able to use my preferred pre-match team chat this season!

1 Like

Millie 600 not out unreal I wouldn’t put it past him to reach 700

6 Likes

Milners 600 is worth more than Barry’s 650 to my mind, taking into account the teams Milner has played for.

He has spent a dozen years at Man City and Liverpool, the best two teams in the Prem.

He could have racked up performances week in and week out as a main man at a middling Premier League team.

8 Likes

Liverpool midfielder James Milner to BBC: "Yeah it was important to get that win and keep a bit of momentum. It’s nice to finish with a win. We could have performed better at times but the win is the most important thing.

“We could have controlled the game better in the second half but it helps when you have a goalkeeper as good as we do. I thought the boys defended well as well. We know we can improve but it was a solid win.”

On reaching 600 appearances: "It’s a big number isn’t it? It’s unbelievable. It’s been a very long time. You see someone like Ben Doak come on the other night at a similar age and do well. Hopefully they can have a long career as I have.

“For our young guys it’s an unbelievable place to be. You can learn so much. You won’t go too far wrong watching these guys here and learning off them.”

On the break: “Hopefully I’ll play a bit of golf and a bit of rest - but not too long because when you get older your kneecaps go a bit! It’s about getting that balance right.”

18 Likes

Model professional and to be fair he has proven to be worthwhile again this season.

5 Likes

Winning 3-1 at home against shit and your keeper is man of match isnt great.

But with WC looming performances are all over the place

1 Like

Allison wasn’t MOM stop with the drama he made a couple of good saves but likewise at other end we could have had another 2 or 3 goals.

2 Likes

Maybe others might have a different way of seeing it, or maybe I’m just spoiled by Alisson, but I genuinely felt like it was just par for the course for him, just another day.

3 Likes

Just to prove to you that someone does read this stuff… I’m fairy sure a few of these made it on!

Most of their chances came after we were 3-0, they were good chances but so were the ones we missed.

It’s why we sacked off Karius and Mignolet, you’ve got to spend on players like that and we did.

If is a lovely word in football it doesn’t win you points.

1 Like

When were we 3-0?

Remember when people on here were calling Darwin a flop after he’d spent about 100 minutes on the pitch

3 Likes

Today‘s game proved for me Nunez isn‘t a winger. His position has to be in the box

2 Likes

You could counter that by saying he got 2 goals by been on the left.

3 Likes

3-1 my mistake, point still remains, it’s evident from the match commentary feed that the team again tires there is now for most a 6 week reset.

After Leeds we needed to get a win to give us something to grab on, winning ugly is what we needed to do.

Maybe the score line should have been 8-4 but end of the day one team deserved to win that.

7 Likes

Yes, you are right. But the goal is in the middle.
The question is if not him, who of his teammates is as dangerous in front of the goal?
Playing Nunez as a number 9 gives more space for Salah and others