Post match: Liverpool v Southampton (EPL 12/11/22 3pm)

It’s great to win that last game before the break! Nunez MoM, Elliot superb, and Alli showed why he’s the number 1 with some outstanding saves to keep the result.

Yeah!!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

Good win just before the break. Nunez motm.
Just realized no more matches until after Christmas.
Merry Christmas!!

6 Likes

Pretty drunk but we won :face_holding_back_tears::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Three points, nothing else matters!

2 Likes

Listened to it, sounded all very good. Roll on MOTD with a full tummy and City to laugh at.

3 Likes

Klopp said earlier this season he wants to play him in the middle. However with injuries to Diaz and Jota then I think its worth considering him for the left flank, he’s certainly done a good job there.

Hi Maria,

https://hoofoot.com/?match=Liverpool_v_Southampton_2022_11_12

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s clear that he’ll be moved inside when Diaz comes back

1 Like

Darwin does use the space wide left well and put in a couple tasty crosses in addition to getting into the middle for his goals.

I’ll be very interested to see how we line up when we are full strength as we will have 5 forwards who deserve to start, 4 of whom really should be central.

2 Likes

Aww Thanks Bekloppt, trying to catch up now.
I saw a picture of Alisson without his beard, trying get used it. I think we the best looking GK in the EPL and we are blessed as well as he bails the team out of tricky situations

1 Like

Yeah, and I’m getting a semi thinking about how Diaz and Darwin are gonna terrorize the right side of PL defenses.
I Like Yes GIF by Saturday Night Live

6 Likes

I think it’s good he is versatile to be fair.

4 Likes

Its a penalty, any other Premier striker gets it.
Another in a long line of fucking disgraceful decisions

6 Likes

It seems like Nunez English is getting better :grin:

4 Likes

Did anyone else notice that after Darwin’s first goal Robbo went over and had a chat about something? I can’t imagine he understood a word :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Good to see our team go on a string of wins. After the World Cup we will have our 2nd re-boot for this season. Let’s hope our boys come back recharged and uninjured to finish our season strongly. YNWA.

3 Likes

Not the best performance but the 3 points is all that matters.

Ali, Thiago and Nunez MOTM and also good to see Joe Gomez put in a solid shift with no daft back-passes.

Thiago was excellent on the ball but he’s part of a midfield which is far too easy to bypass, not sure there’s an answer to that one with the current personnel.

I’ve been yearning for the WC for the past 2 months but now it’s here I wish it wasn’t, we’re in a position to push for top 4 and the blues are looking like relegation candidates again!

5 Likes

VVD has been saving himself for the World Cup. Trying to ensure he stays injury free by avoiding any physical contact or last ditch blocks and stretches.His weak performances have been a major factor in our poor season to date
Let’s hope when he returns from Qatar he is prepared to put his body on the line for the club and fans who pay his wages. Just as he has always done before this season.
If he continues just to lope about the penalty area with his hands behind his back inviting shots or watching opponents go past him we are in for a very disappointing finish.
All imho of course.

3 Likes

So inconsistent. City got penalty for much less last week, though yesterday the officials weren’t sucked in by their diving and crying

3 Likes

I dunno he looked better with Konate next to him.

1 Like