Post Match: Liverpool v Southampton (EPL 27/11/2021 3pm)

Pl top scorers

Mo 11
Sadio 7
Jota 7
Vardy 7

Pl top assists

Mo 8
Trent 7
Pogba 7

8 Likes

We can live in hope…

2 Likes

Not too bothered taking the foot off the gas at 4-0 we have games coming thick and fast

Positive being we’ve been able to stroll to these last three wins and they were needed after the league games before the break

4 Likes

Easy as it gets.
Anyone know if Hasenhüttl was crying after that one?

2 Likes

Let’s be Manc and Bubble fans tomorrow eh…it’ll make me sick…but needs must.

4 Likes

love the way klopp is rotating the squad during games. its beautiful to watch

6 Likes

Dio doing Bobby things

2 Likes

That went well. The funny part is that we scored 4, could have easily been 8 and yet there was still room for improvement. They are spoiling us.

For me this was the first game since his injury that Van Dijk was 100% his old self. He even got a goal for the first time since his return. Also nice to see Robertson flying, delivering hiqh quality balls and getting assists. That’s more like him. Fabinho went a bit under the radar but he had a very solid game as well. But really everybody who played was good. Some sloppiness here and there but a very good performance overall.

Now, let’s destroy the bitters.

6 Likes

Maybe tears of a different kind?

I like the fella. I didn’t like the reaction when they beat us, as it was over the top, but for all I know he had just achieved one of his bucket list objectives and won a game against Klopp and Liverpool.

2 Likes

Liverpool in buzz saw, game-control mode like from two seasons ago. Very comfortable.

6 Likes

3 points, clean sheet, no new injuries, job done.

2 Likes

MOM for me is Ali , he saved us big time, Southampton had chances to get back at us and go to 1-1 .
konate may have potential but gomez is still a better defender for me .
any how 3 points and lets hope the others slip tomorrow

3 Likes

Liverpool in full ‘Scouse Ma mode’
“Stop crying or I’ll give you something to cry about!”

3 Likes

First goal is a thing of beauty. A wonderful pass to set up Robertson to provide the perfect assist.

A lot has been made of how open we can be defensively this season — certainly contrasting with the year we won the title where we usually gave up one goal a game max — but this year we’re simply obliterating teams. Scoring three, four, and five for fun and keeping a surprising number of clean sheets in those games is insane (remember during the aforementioned season we kept one League clean sheet through November). Chelsea are slight favorites and rightly so, but as good as they have been defensively I suspect they may regress to the mean a bit. Conversely if we can be this clinical we will be right there all the way.

I only saw bits and bobs of this game due to being out for a family meal.

Does Sadio deserve to be so low down on the MOTM poll? From the fews bits I saw he was destroying them. Would like to read some opinions on his performance from others.

3 Likes

Falls victim to how good we were all over. Played very well but when Alisson, Jota, Thiago etc play as good as they did will be hard for him

1 Like

I thought Sadio played quite well. He was bright and getting stuck in, involved up top, showing for the ball, put a lovely header in the back of the net that was chalked off.

He didn’t score and was slightly below best, but sharp enough and decent enough. Four goals scored with none by Sadio or Mo tells a bit of a story. They were ok, not great, but others stepped up as the team is strong.

I haven’t seen the poll, but I’d have Sadio behind a few of our men, including Jota, Thiago, Alisson, Robertson, VVD.

2 Likes

surprised Southampton came at us like that so early I was expecting a 442 or 4411 suicidal by Hassenhutl. anyway Job done without fuss but worried about Wednesday as that was the point at which our season unravelled last year as long as Ferguson is there that will be their aim skittle out as many of our players as possible. We must not let them drag us down to their level and pass the ball around fast and make them run ragged before applying the killing touch?

4 Likes

Can’t say too much about the game as i missed quite a bit of it. The bits i did see though showed why we have Thiago, he seemed to be everywhere. Robbo back to his maniacal best and Jota in the right place all the time.

I have backups on backups to be able to watch these games. If 1 way fails i always have 2 others to fall back on. The 1 thing they all need though is electricity, power outages down in South Wales due to the weather left me needing to watch on my phone on stream (luckily i always keep 2 power banks charged just for this). Then another problem, the weather kept destroying my signal, from 4g to h+ and back then eventually it went completely. Just want to say thanks to the people that put me onto hesgoals even though i still missed the last 20 minutes.

1 Like