Post Match: Liverpool v Southampton (EPL 8/5/21 8.15pm)

So much emotion and many thoughts running through my head and will save them for another day.

This team won in spite of Jürgen Klopp today who “managed” absolutely fuck all except picking the starting lineup. The Boss has his head so far up his own ass he’s inside out. Embarrassed for him.

Thiago and Ali MOTM. Night all.

1 Like

Lately, I’ve been think the players are fed up of having to listen to coaches all game long and would rather play with crowd noise on if they had that mode available like we do.

I remember at the start of the pandemic how nice it was to listen to instructions from coaches here and there, but now it’s awful, benches from both sides constantly shouting, heckling their own players and each and every decision.

Finally we score 2 goals in a game and we get 3 points, Alisson was amazing as our central defender s were poor

2 Likes

Can you imagine ‘Arry or any of them putting ‘objectively’ in a sentence, or when asked if the top 4 door is closed, immediately replying “yes but there might be a window open”

2 Likes

Well lets look at the positives… 3 points, clean sheet, no injuries - to note. However, that game was tough to take.
We created chances but were exposed to easily. Its no ones fault in particular, just where we are as a team. Roll on Thursday!

1 Like

A win at Anfield? Can’t quibble with that,they have been like rocking horse shit this season.
Seriously,not a great spectacle but keeps us in with a rough chance of CL,but we need to improve a bit by the Manc game.
MOTM had to be Alison for me,Thiago and Phillips decent too.

2 Likes

Ugly to watch but at least this time they didn’t sent the fans to the loony bin rambling to themselves by conceding another late equalizer.

Had the chances to put the game away in the first half but messed them up as usual. At least Salah and Mane combined for a goal for the first time in the season. In May.

Second half reeked of another capitulation but we held on. Barely. One positive was managing the last 10 minutes much better.

We live to fight another day, although it feels like it’s only a matter of time before we are put out of our misery. Just hope that it doesn’t happen against the mancs.

1 Like

We weren’t that bad, Newcastle had far better chances than Soton did tonight.

I’m just glad they didn’t make any slight nudge in the central of the pitch in our final third, kept Prowse to the sides and meant we could mostly deal with it.

Last 15 I didn’t feel concerned.

2 Likes

Alisson has not had to make that many saves in a game all season so saints were far better than Newcastle today Alisson stood up and saved us.

1 Like

It was carbon copy of our previous matches vs. Leeds and Newcastle, but last night somehow we escaped with the three points.

A solid first half when we scored one, but missed at least 3 good chances to score and then the 2nd half was nerves, preessure, childish mistakes and Alisson saved us.

Playing like that means we won’t win our reamining 4 matches.I don’t like what I see from our midfield. Yesterday Fabinho, Tiago and Wijnaldum were totally dominated in the second half by Ward-Prowse and Armstrong. And typically in the final 15 minutes of the match we could barely pass the ball with purpose.

Long ago this team had to be refreshed, some of the players look jaded, others are in serious dip of form. The front 4 /Jota, Salah, Mane, Firmino/ need at least 5 clear chances to score a single goal.

Midfield is in an urgent need to be refreshed - Gini is leaving, Tiago is definitely not world calss, but hopefully he will contribute more next season. Keita must be sold, an absolute waste of 50 mln. pounds and for the reason that his manager /not Klopp of course :)/ is an absolute prick.
Ox is not part of Klopp’s plans for the future in my opinion. The Saints dominated yesterday, we could not find the right response, but still Klopp did not trust his bench /bar Firmino/.

We need at least 2 new faces in midfield, because there are too many injury prone midfielders in the squad and several others that are not getting any younger. Next month Hendo will be 31 years old. Milner will be 36 years next campaign. Ox and Keita are absolutely unreliable in the long run /hopefully we manage to sell both of them and sign one, but useful midfielder/.The same is valid about Shaq too.
Jones is a promising player and he will be really important for us, but we need 2 new players in midfield for next season - I won’t mind if that means we have Grujic back, because the manager will need bodies in midfield.

Hopefully next season we will see more of Tsimikas too, because Robbo’s awful dip in form since January is not a coincidence. He is not a robot and the Greek has not started a single league game for us /after 34 games/. If Klopp thinks he is not good enough, just sell him and sign someone who can help Andy and the manager.

This summer transfer window is huge for the club and the manager. Decisions need to be accurate and mistakes should be avoided.

There are enough players who don’t contribute enough and can be sold and free space in the wage bill. And new players must be added - central defender, 2 midfielders and at least one forward.

2 Likes

–and pundits.

1 Like

Ally MOTM. Trent, Nat, Thiago and Fab all performed with credit. but we still lack confidence and that vital spark. Reactive rather than proactive, reacted quite well to their passes but rarely anticipated a pass which is essential for good closing. Hopefully this will give us a bit more confidence.

1 Like

I watched that game out of a sense of duty. Thank fuck that’s the last time I’ll have to watch us at Anfield with no fans. A soul destroying experience I hope I will never have to repeat.

Alisson saved our arses, Nat P was good and Thiago did a goal. And we won, but it was such a poor team performance. We will have to improve 100% by Thursday or it could get nasty against United.

Serious questions need to be asked about training this season and wtf is going on to get so many injuries. You think with two weeks without a game everyone will be rested and ready to go only to find out we lost 4 more players. Some of the injuries this season have been down to bad luck but there have been too many and too often for there not be an issue with team preparation. One of the many things that will need sorting this summer.

4 Likes

the way our season is going, we have to be thankful for small mercies, viz., a clean sheet, 2 goals (and both not scrutinized by VAR), and a win at home , even though still had a dumb ref

I had my heart in my mouth for the first goal. Was pretty sure they are going to give a foul against Mane.

2 Likes

Not a stella performance but 3 points in the bag, which is the main thing. I gave MOM to Alisson and the two goal scorers. There weren’t any real stand out performances so I stuck with the 3 who had the biggest positive impact.

1 Like

Just makes the dropped points against Newcastle all the more frustrating. We’d be above West Ham if we’d held on and that would put some serious pressure on them. As it is, they can afford a draw if they win their other three and with Everton, Brighton, West Brom and Southampton to play they could barely have hand picked a better run in.

The United v Leicester match will be interesting. Ole is going to have to shuffle his pack heavily this week and I suspect as the middle game, Leicester might see the weakest United side of these three games as there’s no way he wants to give us a sniff.

Good result yesterday but makes those stupid dropped points elsewhere even more infuriating.

1 Like

Can you enlarge on this? I’m confused what you’re referring to.

1 Like

It’s not the middle game though. The Roma game was the first of 4 in 8 days.

At this stage of the season with top 4 in the bag and a European final to consider it would be dangerous to go strong in Rome, go strong again today and then against us on Thursday. 3 games in 8 days would be putting un-needed stress on his best players and risking muscle injuries.
To me it would make sense to rest some today and go strong against Leicester and then rest some against us but as we all know these manc cunts will put damaging us above all else. If they play a second string against Leicester we should be all over it in the media and with the FA and PL. If their fans are looking to demonstrate again on Thursday then we should refuse to play at the first sign of any trouble and demand the 3 points.

1 Like

So the misplaced pass by Alisson was in order to break his saves record, obviously…