Post Match: Liverpool v Southampton (EPL 8/5/21 8.15pm)

He is just good in math.

Extreme stress relieved by an extrordinary Thiago strike. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I think Nat Philips has done enough to be considered for another season. He’s getting better and better each game, despite his lack of pace.

5 Likes

Definitely our best offensif passer!

1 Like
4 Likes

Big 3 points. Didn’t fancy our defence at all but Ali pulled off a few good saves and Nat made a few decent interceptions and got his head on a couple of crosses.
Thought we looked quite sharp first half, especially Mane and Jota, but 2nd half we struggled to create much.
Midfield was pretty average all night.
Any contact by a Liverpool player is now a foul. That is now in the laws of the game and Friend likes to enforce it at every opportunity.
We have a real chance now of getting top 4. There’s only one place up for grabs (Leicester) but West Ham are a real worry when you look at their fixtures. If they beat the blueshite tomorrow I reckon they could do it.

1 Like

Any Liverpool player can be rugby tackled or mugged at any point in the game without any consequence. In fact without Millie on the field nothing at all is done about it by anyone. :sleepy:

3 Likes

Alisson excellent but yet nearly cost us. His shot saving was excellent but his kicking was shit all night.
So Kobak out now and so too Ben Davies (if he exists). No games for 14 days yet we have more injuries.
This season can fuck off.

4 Likes

Job done today, four to go.

Alisson motm, Thiago and Philips good too.

Strikers a bit wasteful today again, leaving us susceptible to another late equalizer. Fortunately we got the second and closed it out.

Timing of subs a bit too late for me.

Still, three points.

Ideally West Ham drop points against Everton tomorrow.

3 Likes

It’s got to be getting on and off buses, surely?

2 Likes

Must have Milner and Kabak for the remaining games.

1 Like

I’m just grateful they won! Simple as that!

3 Likes

A certain G Wijnaldum should be stepping up on these occasions…?

1 Like

Stop beating around the bush and just say it, “Arry”.

3 Likes

‘Arry’ doesn’t speak he chews his tongue.

5 Likes

Only we can suffer 4 additional injuries during a period that no football matches were played. Hows is that possible?

4 Likes

great 3 points but it doesnt sit well when your goalkeeper is the man of the match (by a mile).
there is a lack of energy, pedestrian tempo, late press , wasteful and easy to pass through.
we will not win the rest of our games playing like this .We were lucky not to concede today and we were not as lucky against Newcastle or Leeds. Our last 30 min see huge drop of tempo and am not sure is it fitness or lack of motivation

2 Likes

One is Naby Keita. Don’t know about the rest.

Seriously though it’s gone on for too long and is beyond ridiculous now. It’s something JK and his management team have to address in the summer. Something similar happened a couple of months ago, could have been the derby although I’m not sure, we lost something like 4 players between matches.

1 Like

I just could not believe that we lost another CH! I hope he is fit for the manure game as Williams made Philips and Alison dead nervous at times

I think they both basically made Alisson nervous, I’m sorry but I wasn’t at all impressed with Phillips gunning forward without the ball and then being caught so Alisson can come out and rescue us.

If we need to score yes, but I don’t want to see him over the half way line with more than 4 players further behind him, also I thought he was good at heading that cross was dog toss.

3 Likes