Post match: Liverpool v Spurs (EPL 30/4/23 4.30pm)

Both were red cards for me, so by that process their player wouldn’t even be on the pitch to get kicked in the head.

Was poor from Tierney, it seemed after the penalty he had to give he just let them kick us.

No excuse for collectively losing our heads mind, you want to win trophies lads! Learn to deal with adversity rathe then shit the bed. The weird thing is these players have won everything through adversity, Klopp needs to remind them of this.

Except that Tottenham would have collapsed with the Skipp red and the Jota foul would have never happened.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I said…

People say VAR shouldn’t run the game but looking at skipp-Diaz’s incident, VAR should have a larger say in running of the game. Heck, the refs should be miked up and have a recording of what they say and release it to the public.

Isn’t it any wonder why the PGMOL has got 1 English referees team refereeing a quarter-finals and nothing else beyond that given how the BPL is one of the highest profile leagues in the world?

1 Like

does a new midfield stop him from day dreaming and losing his man…the first time son hit the post konate had no clue where he was he was ball watching.

the lad a forest last week bullied him all game.

hes young but he hasnt learnt the basics of defndeing yet. Matip shouldve started as he was superb against west ham. ok he isnt as quick but reads the game so much better than konate

1 Like

so ex spurs player clive allen was on talksport today…apparently Jotas was a red but Skipp played the ball and was unlucky so was ok…WTF

1 Like

Not sure whats happened with Nunez but his last few appearences have been awful.

2 Likes

Clue is in ex Spurs player

3 Likes

Not adapting to the new system? I’ve heard Klopp mention his poor English a couple of times so it may be related.

1 Like

I think he’s a confidence player, so being relegated to the bench hasn’t helped him at all.

Still, it’s up to him to force his way back into the first team and go from there.

2 Likes

Hes been brought on when the opposition is in control and we are struggling.
We saw Thiago giving him instructions before he came on.

1 Like

I kept pleading; not another nervy one boys, not another nervy one. They didn’t listen :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

3 Likes

Geezz… we are so lucky to still have Diaz available for the next matches, and not having lost him for a few months again!

This is as ruthless as it gets, and how it doesn’t get punished with a red card is beyond me. Hopefully it won’t give ideas to other players in the next matches… :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1652927354266693632

Wow, how about releasing the audio feed, PGMOL??

3 Likes

As i said in the match thread the PGMOL would use the excuse for Schipp getting nothing at all that he clearly won the ball and the contact was a consequence of him winning the ball. More utter nonsense from them as usual.

2 Likes

That’s Howard Webb for you. Don’t expect any audio release; they never do that, as it would expose them for the idiots they are.

5 Likes

No one’s mentioned the excellent assist to Jota to be fair.

This is where a proper DM comes in. When a central defender gets pulled wide, which is inevitable, the DM should be slotting into the CB role ans picking up in the box. Sadly we do not get this from Fab. When Kane scored he had acres of room, Fab had time to get back and cover but chose to drift more to the RB position where about 4 others were. I am amazed that this has obviously not been worked on in training.
Agree that Robbo had a mare but the general lack of organisation in defence is very poor.

2 Likes

:crazy_face: Yeah, Leon of course. :joy::nerd_face:

3 Likes