Post match: Liverpool v Spurs (EPL 30/4/23 4.30pm)

https://twitter.com/liverpoolphotox/status/1652995328436518913?s=61&t=CHnRQ3uRWoyAgq-tzUnftA

Iā€™m sure heā€™ll live to, and I hope your kid doesnā€™t suffer any long term long lasting problems as a result, doesnā€™t excuse on a football pitch itā€™s a red card offense.

It wasnā€™t yesterday :+1:

1 Like

Somewhat bizarrely, kicking an opponent in the head is very rarely a red card.

2 Likes

Yes ā€¦but this man has the sun shining out of his arseā€¦he can do no wrongā€¦but itā€™s obvious he does!!!

2 Likes

Has it been confirmed that the guy on the left is Tierney, or is that just an internet rumour?

If it is, I wouldnā€™t be suprised if this moment is something heā€™s never gotten over and thinks about on a daily basis.

The Arsenal fans are convinced Tierney is a Cheaters fan because of the way he has stiffed them this season

1 Like

Ha ha ha ha .

4 Likes

The whole thing was Spurs in a nutshell.

In fact without celebration so we have time to score? :joy:

1 Like

Dunno, but searching round internet on this has reminded me it was him that blew the half time whistle early vs. Man U with Mane through on goal. That was the most blatant thing Iā€™ve ever seen. Unbelievable he gets away with it!

8 Likes

After reading the TIA article on the incidents and controversy which has happened in all the matches Tierney has officiated in our games, I am convinced there is a correlation that he is either an incompetent tw*t or he has a grudge against us.

Jurgen is not the only manager in the EPL to be emotional and angry at the officials, Guardiola, Mourinho (he had it down to a fine art), Conte, Arteta and Fergie all did it. Fergie went as far as banning some journalists from his press conferences and the journalists donā€™t bat an eyelid! There were only 2 English referees from the EPL who were represented at the World Cup 2022, that is how how low standard our refereeing is in the EPL.
I feel we have been hard done by. We should have had at least 3 titles by now and I think Tierney is responsible for one of the matches which denied us the title in 2020.

8 Likes

Itā€™s incompetence across the board & thatā€™s been evident for quite some time now, I know Jurgen has his strong feelings towards him, I donā€™t believe any ref has a grudge against any teamā€¦Tierney this Tierney that, the way he looks at himā€¦none of us know if he looks at him the same way he looks at everyone else on a football pitchā€¦he may be a smug twat with that contempt demeanor about him where Klopp gets that vibe off about him. Itā€™s the fucking lot of them, totally inept. None of them have a clue between them how to apply the ā€œrules of the gameā€. We had it with the last crop, Marriner Atkinson Clattenburg Moss Riley Webb and the rest of them hillbillies and now weā€™re seeing the same with Coote Oliver Taylor Pawson Attwell Tierney etcā€¦anyone who watches enough Premier League games would realise this pretty quickly but they donā€™t by their own admission and only watch games involving Liverpool, so that distorts your thinking into believing it could be a grudge they have against you.

2 Likes

If a bone is broken in a tackle, Iā€™ll have it in my leg not my head thanks very much.

Dramatic much, No way Skipp was getting a broken bone in his head from Jotaā€™s tackle. Barely grazed him.

Not dramatic, re-read it, very simple and quite obvious point.

WTF?

https://twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1653314688065708038?s=20

2 Likes

Derrrrrrrrmuthead Gallagher has never been worth listening to.

1 Like

Seen it the other day.Did Haaland even get the ball

2 Likes

SKY again.
Wonderful

2 Likes

Gallagher has never once explained a coherent rationale for how he reaches his ā€œdecisionsā€. All he does is use a lot of words to describe what he thinks the decision should have been, which really adds nothing of value. The lack of coherent rubric for evaluating these things also leaves him open to such absurd contradictions like as showed here.

Having heard a lot from Refs, this I feel is the biggest challenge we have in getting the refs to explain their decision after the game because 99 times out of 100 their decision making is ad hoc, based on theatre, and infuriating.

2 Likes